What's new

Cable T-case shifter

Fishnbeer

The dude abides
Member Number
Loc
CA
On the s10 I am building it uses a cable shifter to the t case. I got a deal on a used 231 T case that someone did some upgrades to, they did a 4:1 low range, sye and 2wd low range. To get the 2wd low I need a shifter that goes 1 more notch.

I thought about putting a lever instead of cable but where the shifter would end up coming through the floor is further back than I would like. The shifter in s10 is pretty worn and the cable is binding, I think I should just get a whole new cable shifter.

What/where can I fimd a shifter to work with this pos?

I have a cable shifter from a S-10 around here somewhere, but it was modified on both ends. The transfer case end bolted to my adapter. The shifter mount has been cut down, removing all of the tabs and notched for the 2WD Low Teraflex kit. The Teraflex kit only requires a very short push to get it into 2Low.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171017_140454.jpg Views:	0 Size:	302.7 KB ID:	72816
Here is a pic of the shifter part. Its was in a 1st Gen Explorer. I'll keep looking to see if I have a picture of the t-case end

Edit: Found a better picture of the shifter end and one of the t-case end
20190412_125009.jpg

20180419_125312.jpg

Last edited:
Where you at in California? If your local and I can find the cable, you can have it. Its not doing anything in whatever box I shoved it in when I installed the Atlas II.

Im up an sf bay area. Are you saying you have the stock shifter from an s10? How was it modified? Do you have pics? I dont care if it is pretty, I just need it to work

Im up an sf bay area. Are you saying you have the stock shifter from an s10? How was it modified? Do you have pics? I dont care if it is pretty, I just need it to work
Yes, its in the pictures I posted in this thread. Stock shifters and cable. Cable is in excellent condition. I know they are no longer in production but again, I have no use for this one and someone already bought the transfer case.

Top Back Refresh