What's new

C6 NP208 to now Np205

TTMotorsports

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lucerne Valley, CA
Ok so I have a friend who has a late 70s ford f150 that has a 351W with a C6 that originally had a NP208 t-case. He now has a NP205 t-case BUT can't run a front driveline since the CV joint on front driveshaft will hit the pan. From my research the NP208 was slightly wider than the NP205 from input to front output and that the NP205 needs a long t-case adapter to put the front joint next to that instead of next to the transmission pan. Is there a way to put that adapter on the back of the transmission and use a coupler to lengthen the transmission output shaft that goes into the t-case, OR does he need to get his fresh transmission tore apart and correct output shaft installed?

Yeah the 205 is narrower than the newer tcases (NP208/BW1356/etc)

The C6 has to come apart to swap the tailshaft. 10 years ago id have said just throw a 203 range box in front of the 205 and call it good, but theyre not so easy to find anymore.

OR does he need to get his fresh transmission tore apart and correct output shaft installed?
I can't think of a Ford automatic that doesn't need complete tear-down in order to swap tailhousings.

As others have said, there are drive shaft options if you don't wanna do that.

Yeah the 205 is narrower than the newer tcases (NP208/BW1356/etc)

The C6 has to come apart to swap the tailshaft. 10 years ago id have said just throw a 203 range box in front of the 205 and call it good, but theyre not so easy to find anymore.
Ecobox would do the same job.

I have a 203 box, and the problem is not the tail housing its the output shaft has to be longer hence tear down

Top Back Refresh