What's new

Bulk braided wire loom source

JNHEscher

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Dogwood, MO.
Anyone have places they get spools of the plastic braid in various sizes from?

The stuff I got below was purchased at Oh Really's a couple years ago and I remember it costing $18 for 10ish feet of it.

20230831_195145.jpg

I don't use Amazon, but I swear Bezos sucks up all the products in the country. I'll look.
I kind of hate supporting the big evil empire, but it's easy to order and free shipping is a huge one.
Lot of places the prices are reasonable but then shipping is crazy or they flat out refuse to ship to AK.

Waytek is another good source for bulk electric stuff: https://www.waytekwire.com/
I used to buy from the all the time. This week I went to place an order of about $35 bucks (Jcase fuses). Shipping was $20 and they added a $10 small order charge. $65 bucks total. Ordered from DelCity instead.

Mouser is another source.

I found another option today, Outback Wrap - made in South Dakota. Outback Wrap

I did end up ordering through Amazon because I needed to test out getting packages at our mailbox with something cheap. STL warehouse gets everything to us within two days of ordering.

I did end up ordering through Amazon because I needed to test out getting packages at our mailbox with something cheap. STL warehouse gets everything to us within two days of ordering.
you get Amazon at your mailbox in 2 days?!

Best I've seen is a week, and have to make a 45min trip to the carrier annex to pick it up as the USPS doesn't deliver packages to mailboxes.

you get Amazon at your mailbox in 2 days?!

Best I've seen is a week, and have to make a 45min trip to the carrier annex to pick it up as the USPS doesn't deliver packages to mailboxes.

Why do you act surprised when anyone that doesn’t live in Alaska Gets something quick or cheap?

Why do you act surprised when anyone that doesn’t live in Alaska Gets something quick or cheap?
Because Amazon dud away with 2 day shipping a few years ago. Some of their shit takes a month plus now.

I used to buy from the all the time. This week I went to place an order of about $35 bucks (Jcase fuses). Shipping was $20 and they added a $10 small order charge. $65 bucks total. Ordered from DelCity instead.

Mouser is another source.

I found another option today, Outback Wrap - made in South Dakota. Outback Wrap

That sucks, all our orders were $250+, so never experienced that.

1, and another opening in 2024.

We've got a warehouse within 40 miles. If you order early enough in the AM, it might be sitting on your doorstep that same night. :eek:

I've been using the Holley branded loom from Summit Racing, always leary of the cheaper bulk stuff. Anyone used both and able to provide a comparison?

Top Back Refresh