Pook

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
150 Mile House, BC, Canada
5.jpg
7.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Wanted to take our travel trailer and the side by side out, that and hate towing a trailer in the snow to my family's cabin which is 5-6 hours away... so I built this deck setup taking what i liked from the various ones I have seen on the internet. its built in 4 main parts and bolt together... adding a few things to it still then its getting stripped for powdercoating, but for now using it and figuring out what I want to add as I go. Figured useable and being used is better than being stuck trying to perfect it in the shop.

Loving my 2020 4xp turbo and so are the kids. I am glad I got the 64" width for out treed trails up here.

and its almost time to start modifying it... :stirthepot: got a warn winch, new seats and a lowrance gps to install currently... need to cage it and get some bumpers on it.

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I really like how it handles with the RZR loaded up, Its built from 1"x2" .125" tubing, 2"x2" .125" square for the most part. Ramps were made with 2"x4" .25" aluminum angle and 1.25" square cross braces, with steel cross brace and hook setup at each end bolted on to help stop the aluminum welds from cracking.

can run 75-80mph all day long and quicker when the wife isn't with me.

8.jpg

9.jpg

cabin sunset.jpg

Does the truck care about the weight up that high?

Its not really that high if you think about it compared to a camper. The motor weight is at the lowest point. I am very happy and comfortable with how it drives loaded up. My family's cabin is about 5.5 hours North of my home, and the road runs through a lot of twisty canyon, mountain roads to get up to. I drove there in the snow this past Christmas holiday and loved it. Way better than towing our big car trailer.

Only time it has a little sway is when I come out of a gas station parking lot and say the drivers tire goes through the curb side drain on and angle then the rest of the tires follow through... but nothing compared to a big camper.

I also don't have airbags and almost 200k miles on the stock shocks... Going to put some new shocks on it and possibly airbags but that's for towing the travel trailer with the side by side on the deck.

Did another 650 mile mountain/canyon road trip with the side by side on the deck for an extended weekend of snow fun. Snow covered roads, some winds, hours at highway speeds and it did great.

Love it. Way better than towing it on a trailer.

Slowly making some improvements to the tie down setup to make it quicker and easier with the ramps and getting the rzr tied down.

Top Back Refresh