What's new

Build me a Garage (Gofundme plz)

More container mods to come! I am going to pick up some metal pegboard from Vevor to mount on the doors and walls. I am finding I stack my tools in dumb places and can’t work on my bench because I’m too messy.

Also ordered one of these from Bezo:

There are hooks along the roof of the shipping container to secure loads. If I grabbed 8ft of Grade 80 chain how dumb of an idea is it to believe I could hoist an engine up? I have a cherry picker but it’s way too cumbersome inside the container. It is setup for pulling on asphalt.

I still have that electric warn Pullzall.

Edit: you can see the hooks I’m referring to three posts up

Condensation is kicking my ass in the container this winter… besides running a dehumidifier in an uninsulated and opened once a week container… what are my options

Attachments

• IMG_4641.jpeg
    IMG_4641.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Insulate and/or heat it.
I do heat it with a diesel heater when I am working in there but like I said it’s only about once a week. Last winter it never dripped like this… super annoying.

I assume if I insulated it it would create condensation between the foam and the metal. I would like to put a low pitch roof on it and insulate the outside of it but $$$

I live in a temperate rain forest that is 90+% humidity most of the winter - redwoods.I run 2 big dehumidifiers in my shop with hoses draining through the wall. This saves my tools and keep moisture in check.

Top Back Refresh