What's new

Build issues/questions

Toyotaguy

Member Number
Guys,
current build well underway. Trans swap from 340H to R150F and a fuel cell after removing the low hanging tank.

A couple of issues I need help with.

1. what's the fuel pressure on the 3.0L V6 that I'll need to adjust my new pump and regulator to?

2. What do I need to do to be able to fire the engine after the trans swap? Something about a "in park" switch from the old auto I'll have to trick? What exactly does that entail?

Thanks

Someone needs a fsm...
howz about some details man v6
Whatcha buildin?
gettit

This?

Neutral safety switch in P or N.

F3A84F35-A984-4B64-954C-8CBABD536AE7.png

Unless I am not understanding what you want, I don't think that you are going to want a neutral safety switch. That is what you already have in your auto setup. If you don't know, that makes it so that your vehicle can't crank in gear or reverse. Just P or N.

You COULD just jump and close that circuit so the starter wiil get juice when you crank it after you swap to the R150. However, that would mean that it'll start in gear and of course lung when the key is cranked if it is in gear. Maybe not a big deal if you are the only one that is ever going to drive it. But if you wife/gf, kids, drunk friends do, and don't know, that could be a bad thing.

I would add the components from a manual truck. The switch that engaged and disengages when you push in the clutch (basically a neutral safety switch for manuals) and the clutch start cancel button that comes on the dash. Easy parts to source and easy to wire up as well.

Top Back Refresh