What's new

Buick lesabre tech any old gm techs here?

xr-nut

GROUP W BENCH
Member Number
Loc
BFK. Bum Fuck Kansas
2004 Lesabre. Sold it in the winter so this was not an obvious issue. Came back with barely cool air on passenger side, warm air on driver side. This is a single temp system, not dual temp. Pulled the system and recharged to number on sticker. Same thing and pressures were off. Tossed a compressor on it and now pressures are good and the passenger side is cold.(40ish).

I have checked the blend door actuator, it is working. Checked the mode door actuator, it is working. Checked the recurc actuator, it is working. What am I missing on this car?

Yes I stand behind what I sell. Why? Because it is the right thing to do.

You gonna share the profits with anyone providing help here?

How long are the warranties? Year for year? 2 year old car gets 2 year warranty, 25 year old car gets 25 year warranty?:homer:

2004 Lesabre. Sold it in the winter so this was not an obvious issue. Came back with barely cool air on passenger side, warm air on driver side. This is a single temp system, not dual temp. Pulled the system and recharged to number on sticker. Same thing and pressures were off. Tossed a compressor on it and now pressures are good and the passenger side is cold.(40ish).

I have checked the blend door actuator, it is working. Checked the mode door actuator, it is working. Checked the recurc actuator, it is working. What am I missing on this car?

I had a '03/'04 cts that did the same thing and opposite with the heat on in the winter I never fixed it and sold it. Did you visually see the doors working or just hear them? Maybe one is going the wrong way.

Another vote for physically verifying that the doors are hooked up and moving correctly.

I know you said you checked pressures but my FIL's Dodge and a buddies Corolla blew cold out the passenger side but hot on the driver's. They were both under charged.

Sold it, end of convo. I stand behind what I sell too, but not 7 months later. Who knows what they did/didn't do in that time. honestly a polite- hey its an old car IDK is the best answer.

The guy is a small town car dealer, he's probably sold 3 cars to this guys family, and going to sell them 6 more, he doesn't owe them anything, but it's his business model, and it works for him:usa:

I'd be checking blend doors, put my hand on the line coming from the evap, then posting here....

As previously mentioned, those cars are notorious for cooling on one side but not the other when they are low on charge or have another refrigerant flow problem.

Kudos for standing behind tour sale.

can you get in and check the evaporator? I’ve seen debris from a bad drier clog one side and cause similar issues on a different make . I believe we found desiccant in the system. Huge flush job. Replaced the drier and expansion valve also to solve it.

I had a 97 Riviera with similar problems. Ended up being a bad blend door servo. But it did have dual zone HVAC.

I've had the a warm/cold on a couple vehicles and it's always been a slightly low charge. It was a good warning sign that you had a slow leak

Yes I stand behind what I sell. Why? Because it is the right thing to do.

It is t necessarily the right thing to do. Unless you sold them a warranty, you are setting yourself up for trouble. Especially fixing a non-power train issue on a 15 year old car. At some point people need to take ownership of the car they bought.

The guy is a small town car dealer, he's probably sold 3 cars to this guys family, and going to sell them 6 more, he doesn't owe them anything, but it's his business model, and it works for him:usa:

I'd be checking blend doors, put my hand on the line coming from the evap, then posting here....

Thanks junkie, you get it. Small towns have small town ways. This has been the best year for me since I took over 5 years ago despite the commie cough, the riots, the election, etc. Must be doing something "ok"!

As for the ac, you mentioned putting a hand on the evap in line. After I tore the dash apart yesterday to stick my head in there and verify the doors all doing what they are supposed to, I put my hand on that line. It was cold, but not frosting the line cold. Did I mention the compressor above? Yes I did. We didn't get the system clean enough during the swap and the orifice tube plugged up. The evap wasn't getting enough super cold freon inside and thus not cooling the driver side. Flushed it again and popped in another o-tube and its blowing 39 deg out of both sides. guess this belongs to me :homer:. I will add that we put it back to the factory amount of freon, unlike what the buick forums recommend.

Thanks to all who offered advice, beers on me when you come through here. And if you are within a few hundred miles of here and need help on the side of the road, look me up I will come help.

Thanks junkie, you get it. Small towns have small town ways. This has been the best year for me since I took over 5 years ago despite the commie cough, the riots, the election, etc. Must be doing something "ok"!

As for the ac, you mentioned putting a hand on the evap in line. After I tore the dash apart yesterday to stick my head in there and verify the doors all doing what they are supposed to, I put my hand on that line. It was cold, but not frosting the line cold. Did I mention the compressor above? Yes I did. We didn't get the system clean enough during the swap and the orifice tube plugged up. The evap wasn't getting enough super cold freon inside and thus not cooling the driver side. Flushed it again and popped in another o-tube and its blowing 39 deg out of both sides. guess this belongs to me :homer:. I will add that we put it back to the factory amount of freon, unlike what the buick forums recommend.

Thanks to all who offered advice, beers on me when you come through here. And if you are within a few hundred miles of here and need help on the side of the road, look me up I will come help.

That's a way better fix than having to tear the dash and ac-unit all apart, especially on a GM.

Small towns have small town ways.

We didn't get the system clean enough during the swap and the orifice tube plugged up. The evap wasn't getting enough super cold freon inside and thus not cooling the driver side. Flushed it again and popped in another o-tube and its blowing 39 deg out of both sides. guess this belongs to me :homer:.

Good on you. Some of these small town ways could do the rest of the world some good.

Not sure I've ever been to Bum Fuck Kansas... is that near Wamego?

:beer:

Good on you. Some of these small town ways could do the rest of the world some good.

I would be wary of any customer that bought a 15 year old beater 7 months ago and wants it fixed for free now. XR nut is going to get a call every time the car hiccups. I have been doing this for a long time. That isn’t small town ways, that is setting yourself up for trouble.

I would be wary of any customer that bought a 15 year old beater 7 months ago and wants it fixed for free now. XR nut is going to get a call every time the car hiccups. I have been doing this for a long time. That isn’t small town ways, that is setting yourself up for trouble.

I can see your point, but on the face of it, it looks like he felt responsibility for selling something he wasn't totally confident in. He found out he messed up the work, and he made it right.

I can only assume that if that same vehicle came back with a petty complaint about a known good system at the time of sale, he would have offered a quote for the repair rather than assume fault and make the repair gratis.

Either way, my congrats was for the underlying theme of taking due responsibility

We are about an 45 miles north and 45 miles east of wamego. go through there every now and then to see our boys out in manhattan.

Top Back Refresh