What's new

Budget crawler hauler

for a 10K trailer what is the benefit of going up to G rated tires? I guess if I have to drop an axle I could still limp home on the remaining one with my truck on it
A tires #1 enemy is heat. If your tires are at or near their weight capacity they will get pretty hot. The G rated Sailuns will stay cooler with the same load on them as your current tires. I run the same Sailuns on my dump trailer and just picked up a few more for my new trailer build.

After a whopping 300 or so miles I have a vibration from the trailer at 50+ MPH. I'm wondering if one of the tires is starting to separate. They all pass visual inspection.

I don't think it's a hub/bearing because none of the hubs were more than warm to the touch when I stopped. Tire choices in 235/80R16 are a little slim and the best options look to be Maxxis or Goodyear for $170~ ea from Discount. I know I should do all 4

When I pulled the tires off I found the problem tire with an inspection port that had frayed cords poking out of it :laughing: Not sure what I ran over to bust the cords but I'm amazed it didn't blow apart

I put on 4 new General Grabber HD tires in 235/85R16 LR E and the trailer pulls nicely again.

I've been building some 5 foot ramps out of 3" C channel outers with 3x3x3/16 angle iron crossmembers. The bottom side is capped in the angle and the hook end is C3 and gusseted on the back side with 3" triangles to tie it into the rails and the first crossmember. Overkill for the Yotas but should be plenty hefty for whatever other junk I need to load up :flipoff2:

tacked and checking fitment:
Click image for larger version Name:	ramp wip.jpg Views:	6 Size:	566.1 KB ID:	217056

partially welded

Click image for larger version Name:	ramp wip.jpg Views:	6 Size:	566.1 KB ID:	217056

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh