What's new

Breakfast! (and/or random food experiments)

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
IMG_20220703_102725.gif

I love cooking breakfast and sometimes try new things. Today I did cheese and fried egg bell peppers. Have done similar with onion slices and it's great.

20220703_101822.jpg

These came out really good also, I just need to work on cooking the whites through while keeping the yoke gooey. I have tried spooning hot oil with little luck, I'm thinking I might try keeping the yokes separate for a bit while the whites cook :confused:

Also did a hash brown oven deal. Cheater pre-made hash browns, onions, bellpeppers and garlic. Then cheese at the end, was awesome.

20220703_103314.jpg

Bought some stuff to make salsa also, going to just wing it and see what happens. Onions, garlic, habaneros, tomatoes, lime, seasoning? :laughing:

Having a splash of water and a lid you can put over eggs is one effective way to get the whites to cook the way you're wanting. It' doesn't need to properly fit the pan, just be tall/arched/shaped in such a way that it will cover the eggs to steam them, glass is extra better so you can watch the whites change and judge when they have reached the point you're looking for.

Thrift stores are a great place to find stray lids that will work for this.

a lid you can put over eggs is one effective way to get the whites to cook the way you're wanting. It' doesn't need to properly fit the pan, just be tall/arched/shaped in such a way that it will cover the eggs to steam them
i do the same thing, use a glass lid for another pan i have laying around

Clean out the vegetable bin panfry shit with bacon
Potatoes, brussel sprouts,Serrano and red bell pepper,onions,garlic & some radishes $3pack of bacon shrapnel.
IMG_3476.jpg

We did frittatas last night.
Potatoes
Sweet Italian sausage
Onions
Jalapeños
Nice Tillamook cheese blend
Three eggs each.

Amazing meal

Last edited:
Biscuit and gravy casserole is probably my favorite breakfast dish. It's all there together, you need no sides and if you're not careful you'll barely be able to walk to the couch for a nap.

Fawk that sounds good! Will have to try it out this weekend.

Biscuit and gravy casserole is probably my favorite breakfast dish. It's all there together, you need no sides and if you're not careful you'll barely be able to walk to the couch for a nap.

love me some biscuits and gravy, i kinda make it into a casserole on my individual plate after cooking it

cook sausage
when sausage is almost done start heating up a sauce pan with water for the gravy(peppered)
stick biscuits in the oven
dump gravy mix in sauce pan
set sausage aside
when gravy gets thick dump sausage in gravy
cook some eggs in the used sausage pan(i do over easy, 3 or 4 of them)
take biscuits out and cut two up into smaller pieces on your plate(heat up the plate by itself in the micro first)
dump gravy/sausage over biscuits slightly mix it up
eggs on the side
sometimes bacon on the side as well

i have to slow myself down while eating because i will eat the entire plate in less then 5 minutes if i dont :laughing:
i dont eat breakfast or lunch so most of the time im making this for dinner :grinpimp:

Don't go packet. Milk gravy is one of the easiest things to make. Make a roux, add milk, cook down. Pepper to taste.

Don't go packet. Milk gravy is one of the easiest things to make. Make a roux, add milk, cook down. Pepper to taste.
for some reason i just suck at it :homer: ive tried at least half a dozen times before giving up and going back to the store bought packet :laughing:

its probably just my shitty tastes buds, sometimes i prefer cheap garbage :lmao:

Top Back Refresh