What's new

Brakes

cagcig

Member Number
Loc
Brentwood CA
I must be a retard. I replaced brake pads and rotors. I squeezed the caliper pistons slowly and now I have no front brakes. I did not open the system. When I bleed I get one fluid push then nothing after that. Could I have pushed a small air bubble to the master cylinder? The prop valve doesn’t appear to be tripped. What the hell

Did you pump the pedal before you took of driving? To push the pistons back out against the pads.

Can the caliper pistons be pushed in to far? As it is now they have to be pushed in all the way to get the pads over the rotor

Yeah. wound up taking it all apart and blew out all the lines. Found some goop and new M/C today and put it back together. Goes back to the I'm just getting tired of having to work on it. I wanna drive it.

So is it fixed or not? Sounds like frozen calipers. I've had lots of calipers freeze after doing brake jobs so these days I normally replace pads, rotors, and calipers at the same time.

No, still all apart. Probably this weekend. Who knows how old the calipers are, should probably replace those also so the front will be all new. Lazy, did not want to tear it all down but here I am. Good for summer.

Top Back Refresh