Falling Down
Member Number
Loc
D.p. Ca.
Not mine saw the link on rfc.

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?...s-Help-Request

Stolen BAT LV 6PPC Rifles... Help Request
Friends,

In the spans of less than 90 minutes very early on Weds. morning, while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in Phoenix, I took my 2 best BR rifles (housed in a Pelican double-rifle case) and other BR related items from my hotel room down to my rental car, prior to returning to my hotel room to shower and send out some work e-mails before driving to the Ben Avery Range to start my load development work for this weekend's Cactus match.

When I came back to my rental car, I was mortified to find one or more of Phoenix’s finest citizens had broke into my rental car during that brief time and stole both of my 2 rifles...

The work has begun to first obtain a copy of the police report, as it turns out, a very time consuming task that has yet to be achieved… and the battle with the Hilton and respective insurance companies for recovery of the value of my 2 stolen rifles, scopes, etc, has only just begun.

I have attached a picture of one of the 2 stolen BAT rifles (serial# B347KS). This BAT Model B Multi-Flat 1.47” diam. SS action LV RB/LP/RE rifle, black Kelbly Hall-pattern stock and its components are the standard to which all my other BR rifles are judged by. The action and trigger and Leupold scope operate together flawlessly like no other rifle I own. This BAT rifle’s award achievement pedigree is unmatched within all the BR rifles I have ever owned.

My second stolen BAT rifle, a BAT Model B 1.35” round SS RB/LP/RE action (Serial# to be confirmed) is also stocked in a solid red-mold color Kelbly Hall-pattern stock is also a top performing rifle.

I will pay a very attractive cash award to anyone who can help assist with the return of either or both of my BR rifles. I fully understand there very little chance these rifles will ever be located from wherever they now rest.

I would like to extend my sincere heartfelt thanks to everyone who has called, text and e-mailed me this past week with their offers of support in loaning me their rifles, etc… in order that I may have shot in this weekend’s Cactus Classic match. My heart’s just not into it… but thank you all very much!

Your friendship and phone calls means very much to me and is the major reason why I love our BR sport so very much!

Jack Neary​

They low that stole it , will not know the value or what the rifles are . I’m really sorry to hear this . I have a few prized bench rifles myself . My Buddy’s laugh at the cost and value of them , until they break out a Marlin with Walmart scope to shoot with me . Good Luck I hope you can find them unharmed . I have no use for a rotten Bastard that steals from a hard working American .

Why would you ever leave something like that unattended? I feel bad for the guy but damn dude. That should be the last thing out of your room and into the car and the first thing you take back to your room.

Sadly this. I don't even like going to a store with my range stuff in the truck.

I'll share with my local club. We're PRS shooters, but at least it will be an extra 100 sets of educated eyes on the lookout.

Sucks. I live about 5 miles from BA, if you ever want to store something in my safe you're more than welcome.

They're not mine, just getting the word out. I just feel bad for the guy.

The really sad thing is they are basically worthless without somebody who knows what they are doing to load for them. They are 6mm PPC, you going to grab a box of 6mm Creedmoor ammo off the shelf and jam it in there? Benchrest rifles are generally reamed to shoot a particular BULLET, not just “let’s see what she shoots well.”

It’s like the $500 Pioneer head unit some piece of shit stole from me, had a security code that had to be entered when it was plugged in. I’m sure it ended up in a ditch somewhere.

The really sad thing is they are basically worthless without somebody who knows what they are doing to load for them. They are 6mm PPC, you going to grab a box of 6mm Creedmoor ammo off the shelf and jam it in there? Benchrest rifles are generally reamed to shoot a particular BULLET, not just “let’s see what she shoots well.”

It’s like the $500 Pioneer head unit some piece of shit stole from me, had a security code that had to be entered when it was plugged in. I’m sure it ended up in a ditch somewhere.

I took a precision rifle class and this dude showed up with a brand new RPR in 6.5CM, hadn't even zeroed the scope yet. NBD, we spend the first hour or so getting everyones zero set, but dude was having problems getting his action to close. Yeah, he showed up with 400 rounds of 6.5 PRC. Had to go to the ammo bunker and pay range prices for CM.

I'm sure the thieves knew exact shit about what they were stealing, other than it was guns. When I travel, they're always the last thing that gets loaded into the truck.

I took a precision rifle class and this dude showed up with a brand new RPR in 6.5CM, hadn't even zeroed the scope yet. NBD, we spend the first hour or so getting everyones zero set, but dude was having problems getting his action to close. Yeah, he showed up with 400 rounds of 6.5 PRC. Had to go to the ammo bunker and pay range prices for CM.

I'm sure the thieves knew exact shit about what they were stealing, other than it was guns. When I travel, they're always the last thing that gets loaded into the truck.

I was at the range with a guy who had managed to shoot 6.5 CM out of his .308 multiple times. Apparently they fired ok but would get stuck extracting. When he told me he’d had a live round in the pipe after I’d been down range I got the fuck out of there.

I was at the range with a guy who had managed to shoot 6.5 CM out of his .308 multiple times. Apparently they fired ok but would get stuck extracting. When he told me he’d had a live round in the pipe after I’d been down range I got the fuck out of there.

There's no shortage of idiots. One time at Ben Avery all 60 lanes were full, so it takes some time for the RO's to make sure all the weapons are clear and safe, so eventually they turn us loose to go check targets, and about half way to the 100 they call us all back. Seems someone left a fully charged muzzle loader on the bench, pointed down range. Fidiots.

Sadly this. I don't even like going to a store with my range stuff in the truck.

Yes. Wife always wants to stop for lunch after a range trip, and I always say it’ll be drive-thru or somewhere I can sit and see the car. So we never stop for lunch after a range trip.

There's no shortage of idiots. One time at Ben Avery all 60 lanes were full, so it takes some time for the RO's to make sure all the weapons are clear and safe, so eventually they turn us loose to go check targets, and about half way to the 100 they call us all back. Seems someone left a fully charged muzzle loader on the bench, pointed down range. Fidiots.

I'll PM you the shooting range of my favorite location. Takes a bit of drive but worth the day and staying a night if you wanted to.

This situation is already spread out including other forum I'm on. It's definitely have lot of eyes on this.

I stopped a the quicky market with my truck loaded for a range day and on my way out of the parking lot 4 suburbans come hauling ass into the one entrance and block me off and dudes in vests with guns come bailing out of them running at me. I thought about my cargo and thought “this is going to suck” and kept my hands visible on the steering wheel. As they ran past my truck I saw their jackets said US MARSHALL on the back. They ran to a silver Toyota and hauled some guy out of it, threw him into a suburban and zoomed off. The whole thing happened in under two minutes but I was holding my breath without realizing it the whole time.
The talk about stopping at a store made me think about it. Sorry for the hijack.
I hope the BR bro gets his stuff back. The picture shows the scope with the etched team stuff on it and hopefully sponsors are gearing him up. I hope the thieves are caught and get the justice they deserve, then the law can do the rest.

I'll PM you the shooting range of my favorite location. Takes a bit of drive but worth the day and staying a night if you wanted to.

This situation is already spread out including other forum I'm on. It's definitely have lot of eyes on this.

Answered your PM, but also since WuFlu Ben Avery has been operating at 50% capacity, (every other lane open), and with the ammo shortage it's even less busy. I went on my lunch hour yesterday to confirm zero for a match I've got this AM, and there were maybe 20 shooters there pistol and rifle combined.

I've got a membership at Cowtown Range and currently they have 4 long range platforms with steel from 150 -1300yds on natural desert terrain, and they'll be adding two more, along with a dedicated 100yd zero range for the other side of the ridge, which will mean I'll won't have to go to BA at all. Currently they have two pistol bays that are long enough to set up a 100yd target, but it's just been quicker and easier to go to BA if I need to get some chrono or zero work done.

Answered your PM, but also since WuFlu Ben Avery has been operating at 50% capacity, (every other lane open), and with the ammo shortage it's even less busy. I went on my lunch hour yesterday to confirm zero for a match I've got this AM, and there were maybe 20 shooters there pistol and rifle combined.

I've got a membership at Cowtown Range and currently they have 4 long range platforms with steel from 150 -1300yds on natural desert terrain, and they'll be adding two more, along with a dedicated 100yd zero range for the other side of the ridge, which will mean I'll won't have to go to BA at all. Currently they have two pistol bays that are long enough to set up a 100yd target, but it's just been quicker and easier to go to BA if I need to get some chrono or zero work done.

Awesome, glad that's working out and even more so with additional from Cowtown. I haven't been there in a while so thanks for reminder to swing by.

Appreciate the info, I know few friends would want to do something similar.

That sucks hopefully the guy gets his shit back. I have a lockable vault/platform for the rear of the burb. Its bolted down with the tie down bolts. It will at least cause a delay if not make them steal the truck instead.

Top Back Refresh