What's new

Bosch dishwasher - control panel testing- Any tech's?

midwestzj

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Colorado Springs
newish Bosch 500 series dishwasher........ So, my daughter fell on the open dishwasher, bent the door down. I opened the door to see exactly shich parts were damaged. Turns out its the hinges so not a big deal. Took the one hinge off that has the sensor clipped into it. went into the garage to smash the hinge a bit and try and straighten it out to avoid buying a new hinge. couldn't get it good enough and the new ones are only $11 so i ordered it. put it back together so we could use it until the new hinges come in and the thing doesn't power up. The only sensor i removed was the one hooked into the hinge. i removed the ground there as well. I thought i fried the control panel so i bought a new one, installed it and nothing. I have power going to the start button and power coming out. its only about 95 volts. anyone out there know where to start testing this? I don't have a problem calling a tech, but i don't want to pay $150 for a super easy fix.

Check the door latch safety switch, since the hinge got bent maybe it is not closing properly. Maybe try manipulate manually to see if it will turn on

Check the door latch safety switch, since the hinge got bent maybe it is not closing properly. Maybe try manipulate manually to see if it will turn on

these have hidden controls so the door needs to be open, you hit the power button and then select the cycle you want. once you close it the dishwasher starts.

Top Back Refresh