What's new

Boots! work boots

I finally ordered the Thorogood 8" 1957 series moc toe, waterproof, safety toe.
Start a new job in a few weeks, should be a good half office, half field boot.

Wore out my 2 1/2 year old keens, the ball of my foot wears through the middle of the sole and starts hurting my feet from putting pressure on the wrong places. They don’t make what kind I had anymore so I tried on every new kind of keen there is. I couldn’t stand any of them. So I tried on every brand in the local boot stores and ended up trying buying some Hawx lace ups. Only been about 2 weeks but they feel good so far.

ARIAT Men's Workhog Pull-On H2O Composite Toe Work Boot. Easy to slip on off and comfortable. I run track hoe so longevity for someone that actually works might very. Holding up well for the last two years so far.​

ARIAT Men's Workhog Pull-On H2O Composite Toe Work Boot. Easy to slip on off and comfortable. I run track hoe so longevity for someone that actually works might very. Holding up well for the last two years so far.​

Sorry, can you speak up?

41c0thn60HL._AC_.jpg

I have 4 pairs of Redwings.
Insulated loggers for winter, 10 inch boots for summer, slip on metatarsal guard boots for days in the shop, and some rubber boots for jumping in tile holes.

I get about 2 years out of them before I get them resoled. Prob 2 resoles before the leather is beat to shit from fertilizer/sprayer chemicals/etc. I'd be interested to find something that can last a bit longer.

This sounds funny. I recently purchased a pair of hiking boots and started wearing them to work. I will never go back to a regular work boot again.

Ive tried all sorts of things. My main go to for years was just a redwing wing slip on. These hiking boots are like heaven on my feet.

Timberland pros or bust. Make sure to go get fitted first if you're buying online as they have different sizing than other boots, same with their shoes.

Not only that, but I don't know that I would buy online. It seems like every single boot has a different type of insole. I tried on nearly every boot in my size and there was a WIDE range of comfort. Even two different boxes of the same boot. I don't understand what they're doing for this to be an issue.

I've got about a year and a half on this pair, I do industrial maintenance. The soles are starting to tear and the inside fabrics are starting to come apart. My company pays half the cost of the boot once a year, so I usually buy a new pair every year.

This sounds funny. I recently purchased a pair of hiking boots and started wearing them to work. I will never go back to a regular work boot again.

Ive tried all sorts of things. My main go to for years was just a redwing wing slip on. These hiking boots are like heaven on my feet.
Well definitely don't post a link, tell us what they are or anything else helpful :flipoff2:

Well definitely don't post a link, tell us what they are or anything else helpful :flipoff2:
:laughing:

This is what I have.

Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot - Men's

They maybe not top of the line or whatever but they seem to be holding up. Im an electrical contractor and I always wear holes through the toe and the little rubber piece protects the toe pretty good.

Generally speaking in case maybe someone wanted to try something outside the “workboot” category that could still be used as a workboot. I did put a moldable insole from redwing in my boot that also feels great. Most comfortable thing I have worn.

bumming this to the top.

have been wearing this boot for 3yrs now, but they have discontinued them. the wide toe box was amazing. so any suggestions on an office leather shoe/boot would be appreciated. half office, half manufacturing.

still wearing the 5.11s with the zipper on the side
actually, still on the same pair though they're finally on their way out, the soles are flapping and one of the zippers broke
they're like $100 a pair, so I get all the life outta them I can

i ended up with the thorogoods on a steel toe. The type of boot i wanted didnt have a comp toe option. intially i didnt like them as they felt tight in the correct size but after 2-3 days i realized that was the support i was missing from other boots. and im at the point where they feel more like tennis shoes than boots. I went with the wedge bottom.
i guess ill update this.

Still rocking them. Ive almost worn the sole flat, the wear is because i walk fucked up apparently.

I wore through the vibram liner but boots dont usually last me long enough to do that.

For the first time the boot tip isnt worn out. Leather is good still. Might have to replace laces soon.
673995D0-F911-42E2-BB40-EC73522F119B.jpeg

I just got these earlier the year and would recommend. Can't speak for how long it'll last since I use Whites in Wildland.

I'd think it should be at least a year for sure. Comfortable for day use.

i guess ill update this.

Still rocking them. Ive almost worn the sole flat, the wear is because i walk fucked up apparently.

I wore through the vibram liner but boots dont usually last me long enough to do that.

For the first time the boot tip isnt worn out. Leather is good still. Might have to replace laces soon.
673995D0-F911-42E2-BB40-EC73522F119B.jpeg
How long on them?

Thorogood will referb them for a fee when you're ready. Still loving mine. As comfortable as slippers.

I wear Carolinas at work on concrete. I prefer the Sarge Lo. They are comfy and still made here in the USA. Work boots Bought from a local boot shop I paid $202+tax

I also bought a new pair of waterproof outside rough sole at the same time. I couldn't find a made in USA version though so had to settle for 28 Series

now I need to pony up for better socks. My old Carolinas that I had were 5 years old and so broken in it wasn't a huge issue.

Bought a pair of Double H slip ons to go with my Thorogoods. Love both, thorogoods are still better though. I tend to rotate my boots so I don't get foot rot. Doc Martens have been on the shelf since I got the DH's.

Well, tired of buying cheap work boots. Have bad foot/lower back pain after wearing them on concrete all day.

I just ordered a pair of Carolina Sarge Hi steel toes. US made, and hoping it was a good investment. Guess I’ll see.

Well, tired of buying cheap work boots. Have bad foot/lower back pain after wearing them on concrete all day.

I just ordered a pair of Carolina Sarge Hi steel toes. US made, and hoping it was a good investment. Guess I’ll see.
I'm asphalt / gravel all day and would frequently have a sore back by mid day.

I have not had a sore back since wearing those Thorogood Wedges I linked in this thread.

I work on concrete and use the Sarge soft toe. thumbs up

I also might try that TuffToe stuff mentioned on page 1. Looks like it’ll save the steel toe leather.

Prices and where to buy would be helpful iffin yall know this info and it ain't going out of y'alls way to provide it, I've wanted a good pair of boots since my motorcycle boots were ruined when I landed wrong many years ago.

There is a boot store in chico Calif, just need to take the time and effort to check it out.

Thanks

Prices and where to buy would be helpful iffin yall know this info and it ain't going out of y'alls way to provide it, I've wanted a good pair of boots since my motorcycle boots were ruined when I landed wrong many years ago.

There is a boot store in chico Calif, just need to take the time and effort to check it out.

Thanks
I bought from AmericanMadeBoots.com.

Quick shipping.

Reactions: PAE
Was meaning local stores, dont do online as payment issues.

Top Back Refresh