What's new

Bombardier quest max 650

Tiha

Member Number
Anyone familiar with these?
like actual real world experience?

They are heavy and big, I would imagine tough on normal trails?

Yes they are ugly.

In order to ride double in an OHV park the ATV has to be designed to handle 2 passengers.
SxS are too wide for most parks around me.

Wanting to be able to take wife/daughter/grandkids eventually. They don't want to drive, just ride. So won't be doing tough trails, but maybe some sharp turns will be the biggest battle.

So little information online about riding trails with something this big, long and heavy. Of course the owners talk them up like they can go through anything with easy but really is a normal ATV turn become a 6 point turn in these things?

Have a chance to get one cheap. No idea how much work it needs but it looks great just doesn't run.

Figure I could sell if I hate it, but I am tired of wasting time on projects I don't love.

Attachments

• 2004 Bombardier.JPG
    2004 Bombardier.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 914
How cheap are we talking? The 4x4 ATV market right now is like the used car market, stupid.

Not sure if this helps at all. I have an '08 Can Am Outlander. so, it's a single seat, kinda gen 2 of that Quest. It's been pretty trouble free. My only complaint is the top heaviness, which means I'm often on the pegs. This would be more top heavy, with no real ability to stand up to lower the center of gravity. So, sidehills would suck with two people on it.

I don't know what all they changed between the Quest and Outlander models, though.

Did anyone mention this thing is ugly? It somehow looks to me like it was designed to be ridden sidesaddle. :flipoff2:

I haven't done anything yet. Probably will pass on it. It is still listed.

He is asking $800. But it comes with a trailer.

After talking to him some, he bought it, tore it apart because it didn't run. He doesn't know why it doesn't run. At least that is what he says.
So it is torn apart on the trailer. Also refuses to say or give pictures as to how torn apart it is. So makes me think it is in a lot of pieces. He said I was welcome to come look at it so he is just kind of an odd duck to deal with.

I did as much research as I could. The Rotax engine is the same as John Deere uses. This model is right on the end of the OIL PUMP issue models.
Apprently the 03=04 models had a plastic gear on the oil pump. The gear would fail, oil pressure drops and burn up the crank.
New crank and rod are running about $800 not including any other parts so I figured about $1200 to get it running.
Did find a few rebuilding services that could probably fix the crank for less than $200 (if that is the problem, I am just assuming the worst)

I joined a FB group and started asking questions, seems like there are a lot of people driving around with their oil light on and ignoring it.

Don't know if that is what is wrong with this unit. It is probably worth it since I was looking for a trailer too, but in the end it is just too big to enjoy on trails I think and I am sure I will be the one getting stuck riding it.

Found one for sale recently for $1500, looked brand new. But it is missing the ECU and they cannot be found anywhere. So that kind of turned me off too. If I can't get parts why bother.

Top Back Refresh