What's new

Boardbysled's Buggy Build

51048456657_02766a92aa_b.jpg

Beadlocks came in today. 17"x9" 3.75" backspace aluminum beadlocks from Sidetracked Offroad. Cheapest aluminum beadlocks out there unless you were brave and ordered some from alibaba. Seem like pretty nice quality. Machining is good, real thick and heavy duty. I was debating painting the wheels to match the grey cage color I am going to go with and the rings red to match the panels, but haven't fully decided what to do yet.

Started getting the tires mounted on the beadlocks. Decided just to paint the rings. Always fun spray painting new parts!

Did 2 wraps of gorilla tape around the inside safety bead. Took 50lbs of air pressure to get the inside bead to seat, don't think I will have any problems with them!

51097330847_bdee4ec50b_b.jpg

Started getting the tires mounted on the beadlocks. Decided just to paint the rings. Always fun spray painting new parts!

Did 2 wraps of gorilla tape around the inside safety bead. Took 50lbs of air pressure to get the inside bead to seat, don't think I will have any problems with them!

51097330847_bdee4ec50b_b.jpg
Any updates on this one? Curious about those wheels as well, price point is good for sure.

Any updates on this one? Curious about those wheels as well, price point is good for sure.
This hasn't been updated in so long, that I bought those wheels, and have wheeled them several times. Any updates??????? :flipoff2:

I'd love to see some finished shots of this thing!!

Someone bumped me on Instagram that this thread had some activity. Been a few years since I've been on Irate4x4.

So, I'll give you guys some updates.

I took a job back in Washington, so I had to get the buggy to roller status.

thumbnail.jpg

I tried a couple things to keep the bare metal from rusting. The shrink wrap did not last. But the fluid film seemed to work really well!

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

It lived in storage for a few months while we house hunted in this crazy market.

thumbnail (3).jpg

Finally found a place, so got it moved to its new home!

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

Unfortunately, it hasn't moved from that spot or been touched. I have had the itch to get back to work on it. Got the main shop mostly cleaned up to get it rolled in.

My new/old hobby that has been taking my time is snowmobiling. Such a blast.

thumbnail (6).jpg

thumbnail (7).jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail (7).jpg
    thumbnail (7).jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 3
Top Back Refresh