What's new

Boar hunting, help

BUCKLAND

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
WMA
Step son and I want to kill some pigs, not necessarily trophy hunting. We are in New England and I was originally looking at the Carolinas, but this place popped up in my search Guided Deer and Big Game Hunting Trips in Pennsylvania | Tioga Boar Hunting
5 hours away instead of 14. I have never hunted out of the northeast and my stepson hasn’t hunted, we just want to go kill some pigs. Hopefully the meat is good, otherwise I wouldn’t bother paying to kill something just to kill something.

So what are the pig hunters suggestions that have to travel to kill pigs? I’ve joked that I’d rather kill a 80#, gut, knock the head and hooves off and throw it in the crock pot.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: DMG
Step son and I want to kill some pigs, not necessarily trophy hunting. We are in New England and I was originally looking at the Carolinas, but this place popped up in my search Guided Deer and Big Game Hunting Trips in Pennsylvania | Tioga Boar Hunting
5 hours away instead of 14. I have never hunted out of the northeast and my stepson hasn’t hunted, we just want to go kill some pigs. Hopefully the meat is good, otherwise I wouldn’t bother paying to kill something just to kill something.

So what are the pig hunters suggestions that have to travel to kill pigs? I’ve joked that I’d rather kill a 80#, gut, knock the head and hooves off and throw it in the crock pot.

Any suggestions?
You wouldn’t kill a pest that causes tens of billions of dollars a year in damage without eating it? I’d suggest sending your wife instead. Last time I killed pigs with a friend we got over 40 in a weekend. We didn’t eat a single one.

If you are going in the east , I think you will be hunting stocked/raised to hunt animals.

It’s a fenced hunt is all I know. There is another one in Pa on a island. Those pigs really look like domestic hogs.

You wouldn’t kill a pest that causes tens of billions of dollars a year in damage without eating it? I’d suggest sending your wife instead. Last time I killed pigs with a friend we got over 40 in a weekend. We didn’t eat a single one.
Thanks for the info, care to enlighten me on where to go to kill 40 in a weekend? Get all piss and have nothing to offer up, you are tits. I’m not going to spend my money on killing something that has no effect on my life unless it tastes good.

Fucking twatwaffle

It’s a fenced hunt is all I know. There is another one in Pa on a island. Those pigs really look like domestic hogs.

No such thing as a fenced pig hunt, maybe you're confined to a section of land that's fenced off.

They're all domestic hogs :homer:

If you just want to shoot A hog, go to "fenced" hunt. If you want to shoot a bunch find a hog hunter in Fl or go Tx .

Used to trade in Russian Boar, Javilina (sp) and other animals to hunt. They all went to fenced hunting places.

What did you do with the carcasses?

You're going to want to go ahead and get in touch with these guys. It's the only way really.

No , that isn’t how I hunt. I don’t have the money to pay for that ride. Just looking to kill some pigs.

Guess it will be a South Carolina trip.

That place in pa is good for a canned hunt. They been in business as long as I can remember.
Did a ranch in Oklahoma was good...place was called white horse or something like that.
Cost a few bucks, food, drink and lodging was great.
I would go to PA for the first hunt.

Used to trade in Russian Boar, Javilina (sp) and other animals to hunt. They all went to fenced hunting places.
Who the fuck pays to hunt javelina? Jesus those are the most disgusting foul smelling rodents ever. Mexicans are the only people I know that eat those nasty things. Fucking kill em and leave em to attract yotes and kill them too.

Any suggestions?
That sounds like the perfect hunt for a new england yuppie that wants to impress the other dads at jrs lacrosse practice. Feeder raised hogs that come running to the dinner bell while you wait in for your "guide" to point out which hog to shoot. You say heli hunting isnt how you hunt like its not real hunting yet you consider that PA "ranch" hunting?

Find an outfit in GA to TX and go on a real hunt. They offer real find and stalk type hunting, ride a trailer into farm fields and shoot as many as you can, or even the sissy boy feeder "hunts" like the PA one.

My first hog hunt in GA 25 odd years ago ended up with me jumping off a 6' tall platform and sticking a 100lb hog with a bowie knife. That was the result of an overactive ego and way too much jagermeister but I did kill it and have the scars and its skull to prove it.

Who the fuck pays to hunt javelina? Jesus those are the most disgusting foul smelling rodents ever. Mexicans are the only people I know that eat those nasty things. Fucking kill em and leave em to attract yotes and kill them too.
People paid to shoot all sort of animals. I doubt they ate any of them.

Left them for the coyotes, crows and buzzards.
Yep.

if I want some meat, I’ll clean a 50# or less piggie. Shot some babies a while back, 2 made it to the pit. Others didn’t have enough good meat to cook. :laughing: Momma and daddy was buzzard meat.

they come and go on our place. The best time to see them is when you don’t have a gun on you. :homer: We spotlight them at night and use an AR for effectiveness and mass amounts of ammo. They travel in packs. Gotta be prepared.

this is one I shot a while back. Left it for the cridders. About a month later I found the skull. :smokin:

4019D70C-0D55-42B7-8B8F-A032A1AC9C06.jpeg

That sounds like the perfect hunt for a new england yuppie that wants to impress the other dads at jrs lacrosse practice. Feeder raised hogs that come running to the dinner bell while you wait in for your "guide" to point out which hog to shoot. You say heli hunting isnt how you hunt like its not real hunting yet you consider that PA "ranch" hunting?

Find an outfit in GA to TX and go on a real hunt. They offer real find and stalk type hunting, ride a trailer into farm fields and shoot as many as you can, or even the sissy boy feeder "hunts" like the PA one.

My first hog hunt in GA 25 odd years ago ended up with me jumping off a 6' tall platform and sticking a 100lb hog with a bowie knife. That was the result of an overactive ego and way too much jagermeister but I did kill it and have the scars and its skull to prove it.
This is why I am asking, all I’m trying to do is kill pigs without driving as far. Not looking for a trophy. Not looking for someone to tell me which one to shoot.

But hell, I’m just a yuppie

Last edited:
All I know is that I did go to TX and hunted for two days. Only saw one and he saw me first. I made it about 5 feet into a briar patch chasing him before I got tripped up and everything and everybody went flying...:laughing:

If one does decide on TX. IIRC, you don't need a license even if you not a resident, we hunted on a small patch of land that is owned by a friend. I still purchased a game license but the lady selling them told me that I didn't need one to kill rats. They may be rats, but clever rats. Not too sure I would want to pay to hunt feral pigs. A guided hunt for gazelle on the African savannah, sure. For feral pigs one just needs some BLM land (maybe there isn't any BLM-like land nearer to you?).

We don’t have them up this far yet, might be some wild ones in NJ or Pa?

NJ had some in deer zone 25. Deer hunters shot them and the state trapped them out. I would go to Oklahoma or the South Carolina

All I know is that I did go to TX and hunted for two days. Only saw one and he saw me first. I made it about 5 feet into a briar patch chasing him before I got tripped up and everything and everybody went flying...:laughing:

If one does decide on TX. IIRC, you don't need a license even if you not a resident, we hunted on a small patch of land that is owned by a friend. I still purchased a game license but the lady selling them told me that I didn't need one to kill rats. They may be rats, but clever rats. Not too sure I would want to pay to hunt feral pigs. A guided hunt for gazelle on the African savannah, sure. For feral pigs one just needs some BLM land (maybe there isn't any BLM-like land nearer to you?).
I remember talking about that on the other site. It’s always best to get the local lisence, just in case. Most are inexpensive.

I have had people ask if they can hunt hogs on our place and even pay me for it. The bad part is, it’s just hit or miss if you find them. We have tried various baits and even “stuck hog” sounds and never see them. Then, you’ll just be driving around and bam, there’s a dozen or so. :homer:

I remember talking about that on the other site. It’s always best to get the local lisence, just in case. Most are inexpensive.

I have had people ask if they can hunt hogs on our place and even pay me for it. The bad part is, it’s just hit or miss if you find them. We have tried various baits and even “stuck hog” sounds and never see them. Then, you’ll just be driving around and bam, there’s a dozen or so. :homer:
When i lived in S TX we'd see a shit ton of them when the melons or onion fields were up. Same as the onion fields in GA. Didnt need to pay most farmers were happy to have someone want to kill em for them.

Top Back Refresh