What's new

Bluetooth hearing protection

I started a thread on this a few months ago. Concluded that they were not worth it. Instead, I just wear my electronic range earmuffs with earbuds underneath. Much easier. The earbud wires do not interfere with the earmuffs.

I use the same ones for yard work No complaints except when they get ripped of my head by a low hanging tree limb
When I lean over or something is on my shoulders, I tend to hit that button on the right sticking down. I think its just the volume, but it stops the music real quick and beeps for the volume change. Its not bad, but its a constant reminder its there.

This one?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1632785245526.jpg
    FB_IMG_1632785245526.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 12
I've got a pair of those
they lasted nearly a year before the wires broke
I soldered a new section of wire in but forgot to pull the battery before fucking with it, musta killed something because the main chip on the board gets smoky hot when I plug a charged battery into the board :/
protip, the ear donut pads snap off then there's torx screws inside the cups, don't just try and pry the back sides off like the gorilla that I am

they also don't seem to damp sound as well as proper muffs, and the audio quality kinda sucks in the way that all headphones suck (the bass overrides the mid and high ranges)
I'd buy another pair if they were $20 on sale again.
Reading the thread now to see what kinda options there are nowadays

Cords? It's 2021, we don't need cords anymore.
On the contrary, anyone working around food is required to have corded earbuds (ie: your fancy schmancy wireless Apple airpods need a tether so you can't drop them into food products).
Not sure which of the alphabet soup regulations we fall under at work decreed that, but they let us know a couple weeks ago.

Aaron Z

I have the first set posted, they're okay. My wife bought me these two years ago:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W576CH...&pd_rd_r=91211d90-024b-4fd1-b920-a00ddf0873b9

They are way better quality, slimmer and work better. There are two volume controls, one for the bluetooth and one for ambient sound, so if you want to be able to barely hear the mower in case you hit something you can adjust it. Worth the extra expense. I use them on the tractor and cutting wood, probably get over 10 hours on two AAA batteries.

ok.

in the ear plugs. because of this thread I bought the ISO free plugs. the ISO are nice and seem to be worth the money. the fit is good and they paired without issue. they fit well. I dont like how easy the function button is to push. overall so far I like my raycon E55 better will up date after a few days

just noticed they dont QI charge and no external charge indicator. usb c is a plus

Ended up ordering the ISOTunes PRO 2.0 earplug headphones. used them in the garage over the weekend running the grinder and welding. Looks like they will work for what I need. they did come with 5 different sizes of ear plug things too so that is nice.

BT earplugs

Anyone know of a good way to get a welding helmet and hearing protection to play nice together without getting a hard hat and mounting both to that?

Ok so since I am playing hobby farmer I need some hearing protection. I wore ear plugs all weekend mowing but would like to find some Bluetooth ear muffs. Looking at something like this. BT ear muffs

What are you guys using?
been using the ruckus earplugs. i have a pair of the corded and bluetooth versions. total sound block out and respectable sound.
I can even wear them under my helmet on the bike.

I have the Walker Razor bluetooth ones. They are not very loud and the Bluetooth connection sucks. if you have your phone more distance than your shirt pocket it will cut out. They use a triple a battery or 2 and last about 8hrs.

I got the 3m worktunes and am happy with them. They are a little louder than the Walkers but not as loud as I would like for certain podcast that do not play too loud to begin with. They make good connection though. I have left my phone in my truck and had them on and walked all the way around it and a few hundred feet away and it never cut out once. They hold a charge for quite a while. I only charge them maybe once or twice a month and would say they last well over 15hrs on a charge.

I've got a pair of those
they lasted nearly a year before the wires broke
I soldered a new section of wire in but forgot to pull the battery before fucking with it, musta killed something because the main chip on the board gets smoky hot when I plug a charged battery into the board :/
protip, the ear donut pads snap off then there's torx screws inside the cups, don't just try and pry the back sides off like the gorilla that I am

they also don't seem to damp sound as well as proper muffs, and the audio quality kinda sucks in the way that all headphones suck (the bass overrides the mid and high ranges)
I'd buy another pair if they were $20 on sale again.
Reading the thread now to see what kinda options there are nowadays
update to this,

finally got around to fixing the ones I'd fucked up
the wire across the headband broke, while replacing it I killed the fuck outta the battery charging circuitry when soldering the new wires in, bridged the battery to something else
used some safety wire to attach a cheap "power bank" onto it and wired its battery directly to the muffs, battery and charger all in one unitized replacement lol

Top Back Refresh