What's new

Bluetooth hearing protection

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Ok so since I am playing hobby farmer I need some hearing protection. I wore ear plugs all weekend mowing but would like to find some Bluetooth ear muffs. Looking at something like this. BT ear muffs

What are you guys using?

I have some Peltor bluetooth earmuff I wear shooting and when doing yard work. I like them, but hate earmuffs in general because I get sweaty.. but I think that's all earmuffs.

I have some Peltor bluetooth earmuff I wear shooting and when doing yard work. I like them, but hate earmuffs in general because I get sweaty.. but I think that's all earmuffs.
I agree on the sweating while wearing them.. Ear plugs are much nicer in that regard.. not sure if BT earbuds would offer any hearing protection though?

Well looks like they do offer hearing protection BT earbuds.. ear buds..

I've got the 3m gel ear muffs. They are comfortable, but the sound is off. It sounds hollow or something. My LG ear buds under a pair of regular muffs sounded better, but these are way more comfortable.

Last edited:
Not technically hearing protection but they work great for general use.
Since I started wearing them noise doesn't fatigue me like it did before.
I have three pairs of the Mpow Flame 2 versions of this but they got caught in fake reviews on Amazon and got booted.

I agree on the sweating while wearing them.. Ear plugs are much nicer in that regard.. not sure if BT earbuds would offer any hearing protection though?

Well looks like they do offer hearing protection BT earbuds.. ear buds..

Depends on the bt in-ears. Some go to 37dB passive attenuation (frequency dependant).
NC BT is going to be worthless i think if there is no physical attenuation.

A lot of guys around here use isotunes plugs. They seem to work well from what I'm told.
I use the Isotunes, and generally like them. They're just for my 2 hour mowing, though, so I can't comment on battery life. One thing I've found is you have to keep the cord under control. As in, run it through your hatband or something. Otherwise it gets ripped out of my ear when i get a friction bite with a sweaty neck crease.

I use the Isotunes, and generally like them. They're just for my 2 hour mowing, though, so I can't comment on battery life. One thing I've found is you have to keep the cord under control. As in, run it through your hatband or something. Otherwise it gets ripped out of my ear when i get a friction bite with a sweaty neck crease.
This is a real issue.
The worst for me is to weld wit them on and the cord in the front.
I reach up to raise the hood and grab the cord with the hood, it either rips one or both out and hurts like mofo cause they are getting pulled the wrong way.

I have the exact same pair as the OP, but mind aren't yellow. I use them almost everyday.

Only complaint is that sometimes when leaning over my shoulder hits one of the buttons on the side.

Ok so since I am playing hobby farmer I need some hearing protection. I wore ear plugs all weekend mowing but would like to find some Bluetooth ear muffs. Looking at something like this. BT ear muffs

What are you guys using?
I have the worktunes you linked. They work ok as hearing protection but the Bluetooth sucks. They constantly cutout. Sitting on my mower and phone in my pocket is enough to make them do it.

I have the work tunes +fm/am and love them. no regerts.
I had some of those years ago with the FM radio in them. they worked ok but once I got a station set I didnt dare change it. it was a bitch to find radio stations without being able to see the station numbers on the dial while listening. :homer:

I bought the 3M WorkTunes bluetooth headphones from Amazon. they are bluetooth and a rechargeable battery. i have mowed for over 6 hrs and the battery life of the headphones is still going strong. The headphones dont have a volume control. volume control is your phone basically. The headphones only have 1 button with voice commands. for only $40 bucks, I like them.

I have the worktunes you linked. They work ok as hearing protection but the Bluetooth sucks. They constantly cutout. Sitting on my mower and phone in my pocket is enough to make them do it.
I do everything with them. Never had an issue. Phone stays in pocket. Plowing snow, running the log splitter, clearing trees, mowing lawn, etc. Never cutout. Shit, the batteries last for months and months too.

These are the ones I use:

61H1PRD1UGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Maybe there's a difference between the yellow ones and gray/black ones?

What are you guys using?
that is what i use, I think they have different ear pads for them so you don't sweat.

I've had several sets of the 3M ones and other variants of these, when I do yard work. They seem to work fine and keep me entertained while I work. The first generation ones I had, on played AM/FM. As technology progressed, I got the BT ones.

However, I cannot get them to last more than 3 years before they crap out and quit working; regardless of generation. That's why I've tried the variants, and they too still die somehow.

Recently got a set of the in-ear earbuds, they work awesome with normal muffs. Plus completely wireless, have yet to have them die in my ears, they recharge via the portable case several times before the case needs charging, and versions can be had for cheap. I have these, but there's all sorts of similar products out there Liberty Neo

Mine are the same. Phone in back pocket and it cuts out occasionally. Front pocket a little less. Wife leaves her phone on the porch 50’ away and it. Ever cuts out. It must be a line of sight kind of thing.

AirPod pros. I wouldn’t use them for a trip to the range, but the noise cancellation shit they have going on works mint for mowing, grinding, welding, driving your old Ford that everything rattles in, etc

bet it lets you sleep right through the muffled screams coming from your basement :flipoff2:

I bought the 3M WorkTunes bluetooth headphones from Amazon. they are bluetooth and a rechargeable battery. i have mowed for over 6 hrs and the battery life of the headphones is still going strong. The headphones dont have a volume control. volume control is your phone basically. The headphones only have 1 button with voice commands. for only $40 bucks, I like them.
We have the same ones, one is going back as the mic has never worked since day 1, otherwise they are decent.
Better than a pair of MPow Jaws under a regular set of earmuffs (which was my previous solution).

Aaron Z

Also have a couple pairs of the $36 3M ones. I love them. I used to have bluetooth connection issues when using one particular mower. No other issues. They are not Bose quality sound, but they are $36 and I am not afraid to wear them working. I probably go 6-8 weeks between charges.

I think both of mine are 4-5 years old.

Top Back Refresh