What's new

Blackening 1 2 3

Ted

Middel Fangers
Member Number
Seems once or twice a week I blacken something, anything from shrimp to burgers.
Won't get into the spice blend, everyone has different levels of heat or preferred flavor, I use 2tbs hot Hungarian paprika, 2tbs coarse ground Ceylon black pepper, 1tbs cayene, 1tbs onion powder, 2tsp garlic powder, 1\2tsp oregano.
Step1 Melt butter in bowl git a slatherin tool of sorts, slather meat to be blasted with butter on both sides while on wire rack thang, then shake on premixed blend very generously, take back of fork and gently push spices onto meat, both sides.
IMG_2680.jpeg

Step2
Git hot box cooking thang hot as Alabama asphalt on a august afternoon, with dedicated blackening pan inside gitin hawt as hell.
IMG_2681.jpeg

Step3
Git yer shit on the hawt spot and cook until ya like it, tonight was salmon 3minnis a side.
IMG_2682.jpeg

I had a “Blackened“ steak once because I’d never had one, it was good but not my thing. Blackened salmon sounds interesting, I’m going to have to try this :smokin:

Love the narrative 😄

Holy shit that salmon is over done, why not just suck on a charcoal briquette?

Blackening is a Cajun technique (iirc). The process sears the outside of the meat leaving the inside tender and juicy :smokin:

At 3min a side, that thing was dry and chewy all the way through at that temp. Needed about 45sec a side.

Blackening is a Cajun technique (iirc). The process sears the outside of the meat leaving the inside tender and juicy :smokin:
That's exactly how they were
As an edit I turn heat off and leave lid open, probably better not attempted inside trailer house.

Top Back Refresh