What's new

Black Snow Desert Asphalt

Paragon

Member #42 if by Bus
Member Number
Loc
Jackson, MS USA
I saw a post about someone who said they knew about a big city PD force and they don't have money for cameras and shit.

The easiest way LE agencies get funds is by participating in Black Asphalt and trained by Desert Snow

Since we have I-10 and I-20 running through here we have small PDs and county DS making big time drug stops that usually have a lot of money included. I'm sure Group 33 in MO uses Black Asphalt.

This is the sort of back room bullshit that needs to be done away with

Someones got their tinfoil really tight.

Didnt that just get stopped in like Tennessee or some state around there. Was a big news investigation and they replaced their chief who said effectively immediately no civil asset forfeiture would be allowed in his department. Maybe Kentucky? They would predominately pull over south bound cars because they had the cash for drugs but didnt pull over mearly as many cars with drugs. Lots of questionable hits by dogs as well.

Either way the war on drugs has been lost and cost us more than it ever helped.

Would getting rid of civil asset forfeiture solve the motivation issue

There should be no asset forfeiture without charges. If the charges dont end in conviction or even indictment then the assets should be returned immediately.

Had an “interdiction” around here yesterday. Local county deputy (who are not allowed to run radar in MS) sets up in the interstate median waiting for targets. Makes up a traffic infraction excuse (like a lane change with no signal) and makes a stop on a rental vehicle headed West (money going back, not drugs going east). This time the runner didn’t just roll over. After being pulled over, during the search one if the occupants ran into the woods. They had to call FBI for some reason, I’m not sure of yet

So using an intelligence network to pull 450lbs of meth off of the street is a bad thing? Good to know where you stand.

So using an intelligence network to pull 450lbs of meth off of the street is a bad thing? Good to know where you stand.

So, you think using an intelligence network to allow 450lbs of meth to travel through hundreds of jurisdictions and picking XXXX jurisdiction to make the stop is a good thing? Good to know that you think like a democrat.

Additionally, you think that making a traffic stop by an "interdiction" sheriff's unit, who is not, in any way, a part of the traffic patrol of a major U.S. interstate with simple, vague reasons is a good thing?

Additionally, you think said "intelligence network" which comprises of individual officers in multiple jurisdictions subscribing to such network (not their agencies, the officers) so that they can get the stop is good policing? This is all born from the asset forfeiture and sharing of those assets within agencies.

This is their primary role, to get the intel, sit in an interstate median, make up a traffic violation, effect a stop and seize the cash and assets. Guess what? I know of probably 30 instances just in MS where the driver and/or passenger were later released and not charged with anything and the agencies retained the cash. Wanna know why/how? Because the drivers don't claim any knowledge, so they have no claim.

And you wonder why people don't trust "the police".

So, you think using an intelligence network to allow 450lbs of meth to travel through hundreds of jurisdictions and picking XXXX jurisdiction to make the stop is a good thing? Good to know that you think like a democrat.

Additionally, you think that making a traffic stop by an "interdiction" sheriff's unit, who is not, in any way, a part of the traffic patrol of a major U.S. interstate with simple, vague reasons is a good thing?

Additionally, you think said "intelligence network" which comprises of individual officers in multiple jurisdictions subscribing to such network (not their agencies, the officers) so that they can get the stop is good policing? This is all born from the asset forfeiture and sharing of those assets within agencies.

This is their primary role, to get the intel, sit in an interstate median, make up a traffic violation, effect a stop and seize the cash and assets. Guess what? I know of probably 30 instances just in MS where the driver and/or passenger were later released and not charged with anything and the agencies retained the cash. Wanna know why/how? Because the drivers don't claim any knowledge, so they have no claim.

And you wonder why people don't trust "the police".

I didnt say anything about asset seizure. Ive made my position very clear on that.
As for where they stopped the load, i have no idea of the reasons for where or why it was stopped where it was. For all I know they may have been waiting to see what or who was on the other end and some local yahoos jumped the gun but thats just pure speculation.

I have zero problem with them using those tools to take narcotics or the proceeds of such off the streets. I do have a problem with asset forfeiture being used without charges.

I didnt say anything about asset seizure. Ive made my position very clear on that.
As for where they stopped the load, i have no idea of the reasons for where or why it was stopped where it was. For all I know they may have been waiting to see what or who was on the other end and some local yahoos jumped the gun but thats just pure speculation.

I have zero problem with them using those tools to take narcotics or the proceeds of such off the streets. I do have a problem with asset forfeiture being used without charges.

ends justify the means, gotcha

I saw a post about someone who said they knew about a big city PD force and they don't have money for cameras and shit.

The easiest way LE agencies get funds is by participating in Black Asphalt and trained by Desert Snow

Since we have I-10 and I-20 running through here we have small PDs and county DS making big time drug stops that usually have a lot of money included. I'm sure Group 33 in MO uses Black Asphalt.

This is the sort of back room bullshit that needs to be done away with

Further states that a Sheriff's Deputy, who can not run radar, initiated the stop on the interstate because the vehicle was speeding.

Secondly, a search of the vehicle was initiated because, according to the Sheriff's press release, "deputies suspected the two occupants of possible criminal activity."

Top Back Refresh