What's new

Black Single Mom with $7 to Her Name Donates Lottery Winnings...

woods

I probably did it wrong.
Member Number
... to Police Officer Shot on Duty

https://pjmedia.com/culture/jeff-rey...n-duty-n669378

An African American single mom who lost her job during the CCP coronavirus pandemic lockdowns, and was down to her last $7, donated her winnings from a lottery ticket to a police officer who was shot in the line of duty. When the police department set up a donation link to help her out, she expressed disbelief and asked, “Don’t the officer and his family need it more?” This is how America heals, everyone.

Shetara Sims, from Kansas City, MO, found a dollar in a parking lot of a grocery store and used it to buy a scratch off lottery ticket. Sims won $100, but instead of using the money to take care of her family, her daughter Rakiya suggested that they give the money to a police officer who had been shot on July 2 and was still in intensive care.

The Kansas City Police Department shared the story on their Facebook page, and hundreds of people asked how they could help Sims. The problem was that Sims had made the donation anonymously, and the police didn’t know how to contact her. Once they tracked her down, they set up a GoFundMe account to help her get on her feet.

GoFundMe is at $58k.

Iunno. I'm not buying it. ¬.¬

I saw it on the news last night. It's legit. The girl's sister was murdered about a year prior so she knew what it was like to go through it.

-DuckTape

Hrm. I guess the Internet has ruined me then. :laughing:

Has $7 to her name. Finds a dollar and uses that money to buy a lotto ticket rather than putting it with her existing $7 to make $8. I want her to be my money manger, she's really going places. :homer:

Has $7 to her name. Finds a dollar and uses that money to buy a lotto ticket rather than putting it with her existing $7 to make $8. I want her to be my money manger, she's really going places. :homer:

And after the gov't takes a wet bite out of the $60k/$80k/$???k she'll be worse off than when she started. :laughing:

Jesus way to put a negative spin on it. Is $1 really going to change anything?

Not everyone is fucking accountant, at least she has a good heart. :rolleyes:

My first thought too.

If I understand the story, she only won $100. Not exactly life changing money. She is capable of working to produce considerably more value than $100, so it isn't like she was tossing away multi-millions in a huge selfless act. My experience from being that poor at another time in my life, a little money isn't all that important when I will still be down to a few bucks in a few days. You scrape by today and will figure out how to scrape by tomorrow. Do with it what makes you the most happy. It seems she has a big heart and giving it away made her the most happy.

Anyone here gone grocery shopping lately with $100? how far did that get ya?

well she did go from $8 to $107 in about 2 mins, thats not too bad :flipoff2:

....and then went $107 to 7$ soon after... :laughing:

AR/TX alcohol ain't no joke. Sin taxes are stupid. An 18 pack of miller/bud/ whatever is $20.

Dang that's harsh! Almost as much as up in Franceada, up here 24 bud/coors in CANS is around 65Ameribux, bottles probably close to $75, that's in the South of Alaberta, one can anticipate over $100 up north.
It's over $100 for 24 x 1\2 liter bottles of water in the north.

Hrm. I guess the Internet has ruined me then. :laughing:

You should be skeptical. Nothing 'ruined' about it.

But, it's good though. Maybe the majority of Americans are not at each other's throats on a racial basis, despite what the Republicans, Democrats, and Chinese want?

May be. May be.

In there interest of National Harmony, here's a patriotic black girl to consider:

18b830530d5d7607662ee94a009ffbeb.jpg

Unpatriotic. Flag is not displayed properly. Like the big green line through the default avatar image.

I am assuming your a flag code Nazi and also protest the wearing of it during the olympics when on the podium. Or in any commercial or form of advertising Or on anything that is designed to be temporary like all the political candidates that put a version of the flag n their signs and adds? Or when Obama removed the American flag from the tail of one of his campaign planes and replaced it with his “patriotic” version.
Clearly its flag inspired yet not the actual flag but an abstract vision.

E3B408AF-6D4D-4F1D-BBAC-F21E92BE8208.png

Holy shit , that's $18 dollars more than that swill is worth. :laughing:

Do they have State minimum? What's the lowest price for a fifth of Old No. 7? Goes for $24.99 here, State Minimum.

45acp said:
AR/TX alcohol ain't no joke. Sin taxes are stupid. An 18 pack of miller/bud/ whatever is $20.

Find me a KW with a reefer and any t/a and my friend and I will live out our dream, we'll haul all the pbr you can buy. I think a 30 pack is maybe $13 2hen it's not on sale here.

have an uncle from Missouri who'd buy all the bud light he could fit in his truck here in Wisconsin then haul it home. I think cheaper beer was most of the reason he visit. Hell we'd haul cases down when we went to visit him

Dang that's harsh! Almost as much as up in Franceada, up here 24 bud/coors in CANS is around 65Ameribux, bottles probably close to $75, that's in the South of Alaberta, one can anticipate over $100 up north.
It's over $100 for 24 x 1\2 liter bottles of water in the north.

I always thought taxes in Alberta were cheaper than the rest of the country. I just bought 32 Sleeman Original Draught tonight and it was $63.

I was referencing cold beer, but hit something like CanadiAn liquor superstore for warm beer it's cheaper, they're not everywhere, usually close to that dirty injuns kinda area. Alaberta s private booze market does leave a large margin of price gouging, but it's pretty sickening compared to Yankee pricing for same beer.
Funny how almost every gc c thread I enter I can find a superior Franceanada negative take on it, yay our beer costs more, lucky us!
Please assimilate Alaberta into the great union of states, we don't talk funny, or understand aboot poutine, or that slobbery French gibberish your used to hearing.
​​​​​​

​​

​​

She's a single mom, already hit the 18 year jackpot.

Top Back Refresh