Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Bikes you hardly ride but won't sell?

the conservative atheist

😷😷😷ㅤ=ㅤ🐑🐑🐑
Member Number
Is there a minimum annual milage where anything less than that you'd be better off selling the bike?

I've known guys who really don't even ride anymore but still have a bike in the garage so they can tell themselves at least they can go riding.

Trying not to be that guy, but I'm going to be busy with dual sport riding this season and I also no longer commute to work, so my 18' GSX-S750 is basically just sitting not getting used. Problem is I still love the bike and feel like I would instantly regret selling it, just knowing I could no longer have access to a proper road/highway bike. It's paid off so maybe just keep it to enjoy 1 or 2 rides on it a year? I can't decide. Take the cash and don't look back?

Last edited:
Haven't touched my 310 husqy in 4 years since I got real serious about trials.
I'll sell it but I'm in no hurry to make someone a killer deal.. It's a great bike. Rear wheel needs rebuilt. It can sit and collect dust. I'll keep posting it on the local pages now and then to see if someone wants to beat it.
Been tempted to sell the r1200gs recently. Plan is to buy sandrails to do the dual sport thing with rather than the bikes. Have talked myself outtah getting rid of it for the time being. Maybe next year.

1686437475983.png

1686437525173.png

My 2018 SV 650 is going to fall in this category. I bought it new, it has 30k mi on it. It's a love/hate thing for me, mostly hate the more I ride it - the ergos just suck for me. It's charming and fun in an archaic sort of way :/ With the news of Suzuki going on to a lame ass parallel twin like every other bike in the category, I'm going to keep the thing for its engine character alone. It's something fun in the stable that has taught me some lessons and I have some weird emotional connection with the thing. FWIW, it runs and rides brand new, so that does say something about the brand and quality. Stupid little unrefined turd always brings a smile to my face, even if my ankles, knees, and lower back are screaming..

The pogo stick suspension works so good, I'm fascinated at the thought of cartridges/shock, GSXR fork/brake swap on this 'lil twin chassis. It really would be a hoot. Maybe someday?

In this new fucked up reality we live in $/cents wise, you can't buy this much fun for what I paid for it..
48619784166_ceb84bb2e4_o.jpg

Last edited:
None of mine cost me anything sitting in the garage besides tabs on the one that's actually registered. I have a couple that I would sell and a couple I won't.

My '70 AT1 I won't sell because it's too good, 53 year old bike with 913 miles on it, I ride it 5-10 miles a year. The only non-original parts on it are the exhaust, tires and ignition.

KDX200 I won't sell because it's a really fucking good bike and it's got a lot of sentimental value.

All the 3 and 4 wheeled shit I rarely ride but they're mostly obscure hard to find things that also aren't worth much besides the Tecate 4.

Last edited:
My 2018 SV 650 is going to fall in this category. I bought it new, it has 30k mi on it. It's a love/hate thing for me, mostly hate the more I ride it - the ergos just suck for me.

Same. I love the GSX-S for about an hour. After that my whole body hurts. Just not a long-distance cruiser by any means but I knew that when I bought it. I'll probably only sell it after I buy a different road bike to replace it. I don't need the cash I could get for it.

I'd sell and buy different one that I'd use more often. Unless it's a favorite, then let it stay, ready to be ridden when you can.

I'd be happy to borrow and put miles on them for you guys :dustin:

I have a 1975 CB200 sitting in my storage tent patiently waiting for me to get to it. No big plans, just going to take it apart, clean it up, paint everything, fix all the leaks, new tires, then likely just hang it from the ceiling because it's just cool looking and mostly original.

Won't be riding this hardly anymore since I got the new bike. Need to slow down, Unless someone wants to have a race, lol. Had it for 12 years. Modified the rear shock with KX450f internals, high/low speed adjuster and the front forks are YZ450F with the clamps.
Of course the engine isn't stock. It's scary as hell how quickly you are at speed and then it's, this is nuts.

Attachments

• 500.jpg
    500.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
My 09 Husky WR125 that is now bored/stroked to 177. Hadn't ridden it in 4 years since I bought my Beta until a few weeks ago when the Beta ate a stator and I had a race I already paid my entry for. She is just a few hours short of crossing the 500 mark. Original crank went to 325.

Plus these bikes being orphans means shit resale so might as well just keep it for a back up.

PXL_20230514_215251154.jpg

So, I did list the bike for sale. Only gotten lowball offers. I just assume keep it if I can't get $5K.

Realized recently that i'll never sell the rgv250. I'll probably sell my Black 91 fzr1000 and 86 gsxr750 before the 05 FZ1 and 86 gsxr1100. I gotta ride em first to decide. At least they dont take up too much room.

I'll always regret selling my krs rz350 in '91. Its probably a driving force to keep my best of the best.

My 85 Kenny Roberts RZ350. Bought it in 99 and will never part with it. Currently lives on a shelf in my garage...BTW, the yellow ones are faster (flippyoffysmile)

I’ll never get rid of my 1999 Ducati 996s. Its #5 out of 199 produced that year (597 for the 3 year production). it’s been almost 3 years since I have ridden it, due to the last time at COTA it wouldn’t rev over 6000rpm. :mad3: Tinkered with it in the pits, but ended up parking it. Grabbed the ninja 300 and finished the day, which is interesting on a long fast track like that. Pretty much full throttle……always. :laughing::homer:

now the ducky has been sitting, a front fork is leaking and the fuel pump is locked up due to me leaving fuel in it. :homer: It’s on my list to get going again by Oct because I want to do another cota day over thanksgiving weekend.
BA5F7BAF-DCA7-4B2C-9441-A32385F4E3EA.jpeg
05A07F34-3A5F-44B7-B0AC-2D89115A7C0A.jpeg

Best one i currently have. Not pulling off the rainbow unicorn bedsheet and the crap stacked on it to get a current one.

On the ten year rebuild plan: PC'ed the frame, had Gary at Spec 2 rebuild the crank and squish the head. Currently stopped because my carb boots are cracked and NLA.

Like my 89 4runner: it's a total middle age dude magnet.

2022-10-03 14.41.02.jpg

I’ll never get rid of my 1999 Ducati 996s. Its #5 out of 199 produced that year (597 for the 3 year production). it’s been almost 3 years since I have ridden it, due to the last time at COTA it wouldn’t rev over 6000rpm. :mad3: Tinkered with it in the pits, but ended up parking it. Grabbed the ninja 300 and finished the day, which is interesting on a long fast track like that. Pretty much full throttle……always. :laughing::homer:

now the ducky has been sitting, a front fork is leaking and the fuel pump is locked up due to me leaving fuel in it. :homer: It’s on my list to get going again by Oct because I want to do another cota day over thanksgiving weekend.
BA5F7BAF-DCA7-4B2C-9441-A32385F4E3EA.jpeg
05A07F34-3A5F-44B7-B0AC-2D89115A7C0A.jpeg
I will own a 916 or one of the variants someday.

My bw200. I've typed out the story here before but the gist of it is, 25+ years ago, I walked down the road with dad and we pushed it home together from the neighbour's, and I'd already been lusting over it for a couple years at that point.

It's old and grumpy and gutless and I love it. My wife calls her Big Whitney.

I have a 1975 CB200 sitting in my storage tent patiently waiting for me to get to it. No big plans, just going to take it apart, clean it up, paint everything, fix all the leaks, new tires, then likely just hang it from the ceiling because it's just cool looking and mostly original.
This didn't age well. I'm about to go trade it for a parts truck for the Dodge I wrecked a few months ago. Kinda sucks because I like that little bike but being honest with myself I don't think the interest is quite where it needs to be to keep it around forever just to look at :frown:

Top Back Refresh