What's new

Big Oly

Member Number
Loc
AZ
Parnelli Jones Bronco will sell at Mecums Indy in May, expected to bring 1m+
Parnelli_Jones_Bronco_Auction_Lede_Edited.jpg

That's just dumb. I don't care if it's got a handful of nails from the Cross in the glovebox, $1M is dumb.

Those auctions are irritating. "Collectors" screwing up the value of stuff.

Agreed 100%:eek:

That's just dumb. I don't care if it's got a handful of nails from the Cross in the glovebox, $1M is dumb.

Those auctions are irritating. "Collectors" screwing up the value of stuff.

Agreed, mostly, but . . . the seller is entitled to whatever the market will bear. Being 1 of 1, it's worth whatever a dumbass buyer will throw down.

To clarify, I am not remotely in danger of being that buyer. I'd rather buy a replica 427SC Cobra than an original, because I'd buy it to beat like it was stolen (driven the way Carroll Shelby intended). If I was going to own a supercar that lives in a glass case, it might as well be a scale model costing under a hundred bucks.

To further clarify, I'm in zero danger of buying even a replica 427SC any time soon - maybe in the next life :laughing:

Its one of two vehicles I would buy if I had that kind of money. Most cars and trucks like this that go up for auction for millions don't interest me. A true Cobra would be cool but I'd be just as happy with a replica. Same goes for most Mopar and other muscle cars original is cool but a clown wouldn't bother me. Desert racing changed after this Bronco was built. There is very few vehicles in racing history that you can point at and say that about.
the other vehicle I'd buy if I could is the Tobacco King Ford Galaxy. Super charged 427 with a rocket engine rear end.

Nope....... Its cool, but not even close to 1m cool.

Someday all these collectors who dump millions into investment cars are going to be fucked when all of the sudden old cars are worth nothing and original Nintendo's and Atari game consoles are worth millions. Times are changing and these younger generations don't really give a fuck about old cars like our generations do. Sell sell sell would be my plan in this age of car collecting.

You mean a tenth?

Because a hundredth of one million is…

Well it’s a lot less than a million.
Unless there is a multimillionaire on here I doubt most of us could afford at any price. I mean damn the toyota people have run the price up so high that they are wanting Thousands of dollars for a pile of rusty parts
Hundredth of a million if my math is correct should be 10 K
a tenth would be 100K
Like the old Kristofferson song said "If booze was just a dime a bottle boy you couldn't afford to buy the smell"!

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh