What's new

Big Equipment Company releasing new Big Bud Tractors!

When it’s on the gas 60-80 gallons a hour I bet. My 800 hp genset burns like 40-50 gallons a hour depending on the load.
That's what I found looking at the specs for the Marine 16v92TA version, not sure if Big Bud actually has a intercooled/aftercooled version or how much difference there is in fuel usage: https://www.dieselpartsdirect.com/documents/detroit-diesel-specs/16v92a-marine-pleasure-craft.pdf
Screenshot_20230204-230423-500.png

Aaron Z

That's what I found looking at the specs for the Marine 16v92TA version, not sure if Big Bud actually has a intercooled/aftercooled version or how much difference there is in fuel usage: https://www.dieselpartsdirect.com/documents/detroit-diesel-specs/16v92a-marine-pleasure-craft.pdf
Screenshot_20230204-230423-500.png

Aaron Z
All the 92's are aftercooled. It's literally two 8v92's bolted together at the factory. This one was probably delivered with injectors that put it around 850hp, but I remember reading they put bigger ones in a while back. Two blowers, two turbos, it's freaking giant.

All the 92's are aftercooled. It's literally two 8v92's bolted together at the factory. This one was probably delivered with injectors that put it around 850hp, but I remember reading they put bigger ones in a while back. Two blowers, two turbos, it's freaking giant.
I figured it had to be (due to how much power would be left on the table otherwise), but it wasn't listed as having an intercooler anywhere I found.

Aaron Z

Wow, at 5:10 mark that is beautiful country…where is that. Montana is where Big Bud is , I‘ve never been to eastern Montana just imagined it flat.
I think they are more central Montana like choteau, Shelby area but there is a lot of cool areas in eastern Montana (lots of flat boring areas to).

It's truly refreshing to hear about a company aiming to cater to the needs of farmers by offering more user-friendly tractor options. The frustrations with complex and hard-to-maintain equipment are shared by many in the farming community, so this initiative could be a game-changer.
As for the concerns about potential buyouts or obstacles, it's a valid point to consider in today's corporate landscape. Large companies often seek to expand their reach by acquiring innovative startups or smaller companies.
If you're interested in exploring alternatives, check out Siromer small farm tractors. Exploring different options is always a good approach to finding the right equipment for your specific needs.

Last edited:
It's truly refreshing to hear about a company aiming to cater to the needs of farmers by offering more user-friendly tractor options. The frustrations with complex and hard-to-maintain equipment are shared by many in the farming community, so this initiative could be a game-changer.
Welcome!
Do you like gladiator movies?

I share your fervent enthusiasm, and I hope this helps with your understanding:

One of my brothers first jobs was flagging for Big Bud's crossing the street. They were prepping for the mall of memphis.
One thing I remember him talking about was the guys driving them getting an ass chewing about the clutches. There was a rule to only let out on the clutch in the morning then don't touch it until you park it.

Top Back Refresh