gunracer1

Collector of fine junk
Member Number
Loc
azle tx, aguilar co.
this thread has to be revived
C99B1444-4CE8-4665-9264-06E98A0AF90A.jpeg

Last edited:
Not terribly heavy, kinda dumb but had 26' beams on my 18' trailer this morning, negative or neutral tongue weight, all back roads nice and slow, flagged the tail

it was a 65ish foot long double wide, it'll make a nice car port someday

photo3218.jpg

photo3219.jpg

20190521_181705.jpg
100lbs of air in the bags. Was way heavier than expected. Had to cut the big one to unload with a 580 case backhoe. Barely picked the smaller one without being cut. Loaded with a JD 644 loader and the big one made it dance. Have no idea the total weight. Didn't look like much but that oak had some weight to it.

image_4070.jpg
Huge lathe, even with dual tandem trailer it was way over GCVWR. Didn’t overload any of the tires though.

Last edited:
image_4071.jpg
Hauled this boring mill out of the high desert of Eastern Oregon. Owner stated it weighed 30,000ish lbs. we took the table and tail stock off to haul it. The dual axle single tire trailer is rated a 25k. Needless to say the trailer was WAAAY over for the tires. Was epic shit show of blow tires and chaos.

The boring mill assembled weighs close to 50k.

*Edit. This was the shitty boat trailer the mill was sitting on when we purchased it. And no way to cross load it on a real low boy trailer.

Last edited:
Not sure if full on Stupid or just on the edge of Dumb. I'll hear if about it either way:flipoff2:​​​​​​ . Was a slow, heavy drive to town.

Last edited:
Well my text got screwed up. I was not sure if Full on Stupid or on the Edge of Big and Dumb. But definitely fucking heavy

Yes, that is 30 5/8" sheets of 12' drywall in the back of that Nissan...

g]

they really thought highly of that truck- never seen a lift gate on a crew cab 5.5' bed half ton of any variety until this photo.. :laughing:

they really thought highly of that truck- never seen a lift gate on a crew cab 5.5' bed half ton of any variety until this photo.. :laughing:

I have a single cab short bed Ranger that's getting a lift gate in the next couple years when I get around to building a bed. The liftgates from utility body trucks are narrow enough to fit just perfectly on small trucks. :laughing:

What's a cab forward or whatever weigh? 25k?

It's most likely totally fine.

Closer to 18k on an 8k trailer with a pair of 12k oil bath axles... More than 2k pin weight, so nothing is actually overloaded here.

EDIT: Just double-checked the photo. Its also missing 6 wheels and tires and the 5th wheel with rails... so its closer to 16k.

Closer to 18k on an 8k trailer with a pair of 12k oil bath axles... More than 2k pin weight, so nothing is actually overloaded here.

EDIT: Just double-checked the photo. Its also missing 6 wheels and tires and the 5th wheel with rails... so its closer to 16k.

Ok. My bad, :homer: I'll go post in the what you hauling today thread or something.

that's kind of impressive actually. Is the Ford entirely off the ground? That Chevy isn't squatting that much.

A 2wd Ranger with the 4cyl and 5spd is super light, like 3000lb light and it's all up front. A 1-ton can take that without squatting much. I think it might be shopped though. Ranger looks awfully big compared to that square body. Look at the relative sizes of the doors. In a Ranger my knee is damn near on the dash with the seat all the way back whereas in a full size truck I've got plenty of space but they're the same size in the pic.

A 2wd Ranger with the 4cyl and 5spd is super light, like 3000lb light and it's all up front. A 1-ton can take that without squatting much. I think it might be shopped though. Ranger looks awfully big compared to that square body. Look at the relative sizes of the doors. In a Ranger my knee is damn near on the dash with the seat all the way back whereas in a full size truck I've got plenty of space but they're the same size in the pic.

i've seen that photo before... but now that you say it, its definitely photo shopped

D09566D1-1C22-4164-AD97-07B4F24A60BD.jpeg
8AC7F5A4-533B-4852-A1D2-34DF64D40D1C.jpeg

Not a “big stupid load”, but definitely a stupid load...

I had an apprentice cleaning out a jobsite and he got back right at the end of the day and went home. When I went through the shop to make sure everything was locked up, I saw this. Half the truck box was empty and just had some temporary lights in it. There was no reason to do this. :shaking:

What makes it worse, this isn’t some kid. He’s 30 years old. It was an hour drive from the job to the shop.

Top Back Refresh