What's new

Big Amtrak crash in MT

Norm

Newb
Member Number
Loc
Cold North
Empire builder going from Chicago to Seattle crashed in Eastern MT in the middle of nowhere. Mass casualty, 5 train cars over. We are 3 1/2 hours away by ground and the local hospital is expecting patients. Doesn't sound good if they are sending people this far out.

MDT reports train derailment along the Hi-Line

The running joke from my area is Amtrak = Super collider , one can only imagine why.

those tracks look wonky as hell and the piles of ties scattered near them makes me think someone fucked up big time

4126B5B7-939F-4B18-A97B-3FE24B7475E0.jpeg

At least three dead, no count on the injured yet.

Pretty much in the middle of nowhere and BFE, not many humans in that area. Non-injured are being taken to the Chester high school gym.

No much in Chester, maybe a gas station and a small restaurant . I guess they called in volunteer fire departments for hours around.

those tracks look wonky as hell and the piles of ties scattered near them makes me think someone fucked up big time

4126B5B7-939F-4B18-A97B-3FE24B7475E0.jpeg
Im not a train guy, but those look like brand new rails
I wonder if there was hardware not installed, or installed, or the wrong guy was at the dumb end of the tape measure

If only there were big metal tubes that could carry oil far.
I'm a pipe fitter
The Union pushed really really really hard for everyone to vote Biden, like really hard

first day in he kills all the pipe line projects
I went into the hall right after that, evidently bringing that particular subject up wasn't a popular choice :laughing:

but, we got no mean tweets so everyone wins

If only there were big metal tubes that could carry oil far.
Now your talking crazy, that would cause 10's of lizards to die and cause Arizona to get hot and shit :homer:

Rumor has it were getting patients hauled into our local hospital from the wreck, 3 1/2 hours away normal driving at 70 MPH. So maybe 3 hours in the amber lamps. :eek:

Now your talking crazy, that would cause 10's of lizards to die and cause Arizona to get hot and shit :homer:

Rumor has it were getting patients hauled into our local hospital from the wreck, 3 1/2 hours away normal driving at 70 MPH. So maybe 3 hours in the amber lamps. :eek:
I thought your hospitals were overflowing with unvaccinated covid patients, how can they possibly take more?

I thought your hospitals were overflowing with unvaccinated covid patients, how can they possibly take more?
ER, they called in everyone still standing. This is my wife's third call in this week plus her regular 12's. If this isn't the peak we are fucked. I heard they sent a deputy from the next town over to Boise for a vent because everything closer is full.

Aren’t MT hospitals already spilling out into the parking lots with all the unvaccinated covid patients and have no room for regular patients?…

Aren’t MT hospitals already spilling out into the parking lots with all the unvaccinated covid patients and have no room for regular patients?…
Yes, but we are talking ER here. If you get the Rona and need a vent which is ICU, you are probably going to get sent to another state via fixed wing. If you need the ER they can always put you in the hallway if they have to, and they do. Even if they have beds staffing is a problem, hospital staff get the Rona also which is automatic 10 day vacation. MT and North Idaho are in bad shape as far as capacity right now and some of it's due to staffing.

So you might have to get the dildo pulled out of your ass in the hallway instead of a private room after waiting six hours, but you will get care in the ER.

If you need ICU, you might get to take an expensive plane ride if there is no available beds. They will find someplace for you somewhere, unless they can't and at that point someone gets to choose who gets the bed based on probable outcome.

ER, they called in everyone still standing. This is my wife's third call in this week plus her regular 12's. If this isn't the peak we are fucked. I heard they sent a deputy from the next town over to Boise for a vent because everything closer is full.
That can’t be. They have been mouthing off for weeks they are full. A friends broth in law (doctor) Told me they were out of vents. I haven’t seen anything on Idaho Falls having issues.

My guess is that’s the closest hospital under The same conglomerate with room. They have been playing that game for a few years now. Will let people die before they will let them go to the competition. :laughing:

Anyway it sounds like a train derailment was the last thing they needed.

Top Back Refresh