What's new

Better Call Saul... Final Season Discussion Thread

Is Better Call Saul better than Breaking Bad?

• Total voters
I liked it for a final episode. Wrapped things up nicely for Saul. Not quite the epic trunk mounted machine gun we got from Breaking Bad, but the escalating violence wasn't really what Saul was about.

It was about Jimmy doing whats right for someone else, not for himself and not living with regret for doing what he has always done.

It was about Jimmy doing whats right for someone else, not for himself and not living with regret for doing what he has always done.

I think that's what makes those endings unrealistic, people don't change. A guy like that, who's been like that his whole life, not likely going to act that way, especially given the circumstances.

I stopped watching at season one I think. When they were building the underground lab and the German guy was there.

I've watched clips of the show though.

I just saw one with Jessie outside Saul's office with Kim. No idea how recent that is. But I thought that was neat. Sort of like passing the torch.

It was weird seeing Jessie though. 42 year playing a 20 year old, heh.

I've known it for the last few episodes, but my prediction on page 1 of this thread was as wrong as wrong could be.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the series finale, but I do not agree that it was trash. It just wasn't what I expected.

Those two last episodes were really slow but they did finish it up with a lot of details being filled in which was cool.

I think that they took the Dexter approach to ending it. Saul took it on the chin for someone that he valued above himself in Kim. I have never seen the redo/new season of Dexter so I am not sure what changed but I like how they ended Dexter the first time. He lost everything but wasn't caught and he sacrificed his "freedom" for his child to lead a normal life.

Overall a good show. I said it before but I wouldn't have made it week to week and season to season. Too slow. BUT binging it all over a month or so was enjoyable and there were more times that I stayed with it for the next episode instead of going to bed than I turned it off outta boredom so I would have to say it was a good time killer.

I did like that Howard will get his reputation back even though he got killed. I never thought that the deserved the fuckstorm Kim and Jimmy put on him. He was a good dude for the most part in the show. The pettiness of sending Kim to doc review was not that big of an issue and other than that, he seemed to always being doing the right thing........being a lawyer aside.

Kim is infinitely better as a blonde.

Am I the only one that didn't care for Howard? He rubbed me the wrong way. You know, like one of those neighbours that has to stick their nose into your automotive hobbies and provide some condescending opinion about it.

Netflix finally released season 6 and I’ve got 2 episodes left. Its a refreshing change of pace from the slow-walking the plot line that they did for the first 5 seasons.

Last edited:
Wife and I finished it this weekend.

Don't want to give any spoilers I guess. But the to us the first 10 episodes were better than the last few.

Top Back Refresh