What's new

Better Call Saul... Final Season Discussion Thread

Is Better Call Saul better than Breaking Bad?

• Total voters
Spoiler Alert

Well, Nacho went out with a bang. I really didn't expect his demise so early in this season, but they have a lot of ground to cover to tie into the BB timeline so i guess it makes sense. Pretty intense scene. One of my favorites so far from the series.

How Kims story line evolves will be interesting. She's got some evil lurking in her that is reblossoming I suspect, she's gotten well beyond the point of Saul and his schemes to pull one over on somebody.

I voted yes. I hate Bryan Cranston, so BB was tolerable to me at best. The satellite characters kept me interested, not the least of which was Saul Goodman.
Cranston was fantastic as the dad in Malcom in the Middle .

I can’t stand breaking bad . The first season or two was ok but then it just went downhill big time .

Bummer its not real. AMC is missing a chance for their own tequila brand.
For sure

Seems everyone has their own brand of booze nowdays .
If you have a podcast , which it seems I’m the last person on the planet without a podcast or Instagram following , you must have your own brand of booze for sale , most of which I assume are just standard booze with a different label and a jacked up price .

And I was surprised that the show featured a nicely done Javelin hasn’t bumped the price of javelins .

I'm calling bullshit on the tunnel from one side of the street to the other from Gus's house to the Ryman house. I am wondering if the writers have ever heard of utilities. Sewer? Water? Even if there is room, which there wouldn't be with a tunnel that has as much headroom as shown (basement level), those things need maintenance from time to time.

The camera views give you the feeling that the houses are across the street from each other, but the tunnel path was walked as a continuous shot that leads me to believe it's between neighboring houses.

The camera views give you the feeling that the houses are across the street from each other, but the tunnel path was walked as a continuous shot that leads me to believe it's between neighboring houses.
Yep, I watched it again and I think you're right. The car in the driveway when the Rymans get home looks like the same car and driveway right next door to Gus's house in the lawn sprinkler shot right before Gus gets home.

Is there a place I can catch episode 2 and 3 ?

I watched ep1 and my DVR got 4, 5 & 6
But I haven’t watched past 1 yet

Is this worth watching?

I am just finishing Breaking Bad
If you enjoyed BB, it's more of the same style, just following how Saul became Saul. It gives a backstory to a lot of BB Characters.

Is this worth watching?

I am just finishing Breaking Bad
I like it much better than BB
The first season of BB is great , then it goes steadily downhill from there . For me by halfway through season three it was unwatchable .

I only watched BB because I loved Malcom in the Middle and wanted to see how he handled being in a role of a drug dealer .
The guy has a lot of range and did a great acting job but the BB scripts were horrible after the first season .

Without giving away any spoilers, that last 30 seconds really did a good job answering that particular question...

The question of what happens to Howard prior to Breaking Bad. He's one of the last remaining major characters in BCS that isn't seen or mentioned in BB. And now we know why.

Pretty intense episode. It was nice to watch an episode that had some action and answered some of the questions I had. That last few seconds was something I wasn't prepared for. Now we get to wait until July 11th for the next episode after the mid-season break.

That was an enjoyable episode. The ending was a satisfying twist, didn't exect it to happen at Casa Saul though. I guess we now know why Saul became "their" goto lawyer.

I thought that using the fridge to move the body was brilliant.

Black text warining:

I thought the opening scene was one of the best in the series- portraying how terrified Kim & Jimmy were of Lalo. Also glad to see Lalo gone. I felt his character was getting a bit too campy the past few episodes. Also felt the actor did a great job making Lalo a psychopath, but the 3D chess and 12 lives stuff was over the top for me. The showdown with Gus was meh.

So that's it? Kim left and is just gone now? Seems like a dull way to end her character arc. Maybe she will be back in the Gene timeline.

Plus, I never picked up on the fact that Gus is gay. I must not be paying enough attention.

That's the difference between BCS and BB. In BB, they pretty much spelled everything out for the viewer. BCS has you deciphering clues and piecing together connections between subtle plot points. It's fine and all, but I'm always paying attention to wrong details or something because I sometimes find it hard to figure out exactly what is going on.

Anyway, it looks like my theory about Kim running a con on Jimmy was wrong. Oh well.

Top Back Refresh