What's new

Better Call Saul... Final Season Discussion Thread

Is Better Call Saul better than Breaking Bad?

• Total voters
Been pumped for this. Look forward to how the two shows/timeline will intersect.

Love Slippin Jimmy.

Last episode was the one where the German guy ran away from the meth plant under the laundromat. I just couldn't get myself into the show.

Maybe I'll sit down and try again.

Last episode was the one where the German guy ran away from the meth plant under the laundromat. I just couldn't get myself into the show.

Like what you said, I quit watching a long time ago much like that zombie show. Maybe some day I'll start from the start but it's unlikely.

Breaking Bad was epic, in the classic Goodfellas model where you like the characters and eventually you see them for the monsters they are.

Reactions: DMG
I've been following BCS for the entire run.

The main questions that I am looking to be answered in Season 6 are:

What happens to Kim Wexler? She doesn't seem to be around in the BB timeline, so I am assuming she is dead, not in ABQ or in Jail/Prison.

What is the final push that leads to Jimmy going "full-on Saul Goodman"? It can be argued that he is already there by the end of S5, but I am thinking there will be a final straw that breaks the camel's back.

What happens to Nacho and Lalo? Saul seems to think they are still alive in the episode of BB where Walt and Jessie are poised to kill him in the desert. He mentions them both and seems relieved that it wasn't Lalo that sent Walt & Jessie to kill him, but they never appear in the BB timeline.

My theory:

Background- At the end of S5, Jimmy and Kim have just been married and they are scheming on how to frame Howard Hamlin for some major transgression that will then force Cliff Main to settle the Sandpiper class action lawsuit. That will result in Jimmy getting a roughly $2 million payday as it was his case to begin with and he will get a substaintial portion of the lawyer's end of the settlement.

I predict that Kim is playing a long con on Jimmy by the end of S5, and in S6 she will work her con such that she ends up taking (divorce?) or stealing the payout from Sandpiper from Jimmy. That explains why she isn't in the BB timeline, why Saul doesn't seem to have $2 million in the BB timeline and also his final push "over the edge" to become the version of Saul Goodman that we see in the BB timeline.

I still have no predictions about Nacho and Lalo, but they may just end up getting smoked by the cartel.

Just a guess/theory on my part. I will have to wait and see like the rest of you. I will be watching Ep 1 & 2 of S6 tonight, so my theory may go up in smoke depending on what happens in those episodes.

Last edited:
No idea, gonna have to binge watch the previous season because I can't remember what even happened in it since it's been 2 years, let alone the rest of the series since the previous season was also 2 years and the series came out 7 years ago.

You mean the last episode of S5? If so, that's not the last episode. The final episode of S5 had Jimmy and Kim scheming to frame Howard Hamlin, after their scare with Lalo. It was also the episode that showed the failed assasination attempt on Lalo in Mexico.

My theory:

Background- At the end of S5, Jimmy and Kim have just been married and they are scheming on how to frame Howard Hamlin for some major transgression that will then force Cliff Main to settle the Sandpiper class action lawsuit. That will result in Jimmy getting a roughly $2 million payday as it was his case to begin with and he will get a substaintial portion of the lawyer's end of the settlement.

I predict that Kim is playing a long con on Jimmy by the end of S5, and in S6 she will work her con such that she ends up taking or stealing the payout from Sandpiper from Jimmy. That explains why she isn't in the BB timeline, why Saul doesn't seem to have $2 million in the BB timeline and also his final push "over the edge" to become the version of Saul Goodman that we see in the BB timeline.

I still have no predictions about Nacho and Lalo, but they may just end up getting smoked by the cartel.

Just a guess/theory on my part. I will have to wait and see like the rest of you. I will be watching Ep 1 & 2 of S6 tonight, so my theory may go up in smoke depending on what happens in those episodes.
Not bad.

Rumor has it there is a Kim Spin off. I think kim is going to give up on Jimmy at some point. Can't believe she hasn't already. And that is where she goes.

At the beginning of season 5, Jimmy working at the Cinnabon. He got recognized. I am wondering if they are gauging interest and setting up a BB sequel.

Not bad.

Rumor has it there is a Kim Spin off. I think kim is going to give up on Jimmy at some point. Can't believe she hasn't already. And that is where she goes.

At the beginning of season 5, Jimmy working at the Cinnabon. He got recognized. I am wondering if they are gauging interest and setting up a BB sequel.
I've heard about the possibility of a Kim spin off. That might be interesting as well. It will be interesting to see what happens to "Gene" in Omaha too. This is really a good series, but it does tend to be awefully slow at times. If I watch another Tim Gilligan produced series, i will likely wait until it is completed then binge watch the entire series. It is easier to put up with the slow pace that way.

Last edited:
I've heard about the possibility of a Kim spin off. That might be interesting as well. It will be interesting to see what happens to "Gene" in Omaha too. This is really a good series, but it does tend to be awefully slow at times. If I watch another Tim Gilligan produced series, i will likely wait until it is completed then binge watch the entire series. It is easier to put up with the slow pace that way.
Slow yes. Some of the things they come up with are brilliant for sure, but it seems like there is a lot of wasted time and fillers in there.

Bringing characters back from BB helped the show a ton. Gotta remember tucco is in jail he will be out soon. LOL

Poor Mike looks so old, he is not aging well.

This is really a good series, but it does tend to be awefully slow at times. If I watch another Tim Gilligan produced series, i will likely wait until it is completed then binge watch the entire series. It is easier to put up with the slow pace that way.

it’s unbelievable to me how slow BCS progresses; they’ve stretched 2-3 seasons of content into 6 seasons. I too will be waiting for the end of this season to binge watch it.

Are the current episodes supposed to be on Netflix?
According to this: better call saul - Google Search

Says AMC, Netflix. At the top, says Netflix and gets people to subscribe. I don't see it, only season 5. Maybe all episodes load up after season ends?

Are the current episodes supposed to be on Netflix?
According to this: better call saul - Google Search

Says AMC, Netflix. At the top, says Netflix and gets people to subscribe. I don't see it, only season 5. Maybe all episodes load up after season ends?
For Netflix in the U.S., the previous season is added about the time the next season starts to air. Season 5 just dropped on Netflix about a week ago. No idea how long it will take the final season to drop on netflix in the U.S., but I don't expect it any time soon.

Last edited:
Streams on AMC's service first. I just pirate the episodes the next day.
There was a simple, easy site a while back where you could watch shows like Fargo.
It loaded quick and had no gimmicks. Can't find it anymore. What's a good source these days?

Voted no, but its pretty damn good
I voted yes. I hate Bryan Cranston, so BB was tolerable to me at best. The satellite characters kept me interested, not the least of which was Saul Goodman.

Last edited:
Whats the booze in the copper cups that kim and jimmy scam from others in the bars ?

Whats the booze in the copper cups that kim and jimmy scam from others in the bars ?

moscow mule is the name of the drink which is traditionally served in a copper mug.

They did drink Moscow Mules, but the drink they scammed from Ken (the stock broker dude) was Zafiro Anejo tequila @ $50 per shot. It has a distinctive cap/stopper that has become a symbol of Kim's "devious" side.

Last edited:
Bummer its not real. AMC is missing a chance for their own tequila brand.

Top Back Refresh