What's new

Bestest cheap streaming?

crispins

FJB
Member Number
Loc
Pigeon Forge, TN
i want something for my office.

I have a dumb tv so I will need something with a HDMI plug on it.

I do not have Amazon Prime but if that is the best deal I would do that.

Thanks

We have a few services, for paid services it seems like we watch Netflix the most still.

For Free ad supported services Pluto is pretty good.

You can get cheap deals on Roku or firestick for the HDMI, both offer tons of streaming apps.

Depends upon what you are looking for; movies, tv shows, etc.

I had Netflix for close to a decade and dropped it. I liked some of the NF originals but they went off the tracks. It was mixed bag on movies.

My wife likes paid Hulu. She gets her ABC, NBC, etc shows and content. I haven't really looked at what other content is available on it.

I have Amazon Prime mainly for the shipping. It is mixed bag on movies. I detest their 'browsing' capability. Super flawed. I'm giving serious thoughts to dropping Amazon Prime since their shipping is now crap.

I'm currently playing catchup on Amazon Prime 'Black Friday' dvd/blue ray purchases😞

My mom picked up a fire stick for $10 last year and it's pretty solid. It runs a bunch of apps so she can watch the NFL Network etc.

We have Youtube TV for local channels and sports along with Amazon Prime. Both are good but Youtube TV just increased their price to $65 a month and I'm not sure it's worth that much a month.

Depends upon what you are looking for; movies, tv shows, etc.

I had Netflix for close to a decade and dropped it. I liked some of the NF originals but they went off the tracks. It was mixed bag on movies.

My wife likes paid Hulu. She gets her ABC, NBC, etc shows and content. I haven't really looked at what other content is available on it.

I have Amazon Prime mainly for the shipping. It is mixed bag on movies. I detest their 'browsing' capability. Super flawed. I'm giving serious thoughts to dropping Amazon Prime since their shipping is now crap.

I'm currently playing catchup on Amazon Prime 'Black Friday' dvd/blue ray purchases😞

I had Prime b/c it was a package deal, great shipping plus prime video which kind of sucked but hey. Plus you got Prime Music.

Now the shipping sucks, Prime original shows are fucking AWFUL, and Prime itself doesn't even have Top Gear anymore. The Grand Tour hasn't released a special in what, a year, and none on the horizon?

Netflix is by-far the best but I use them on and off, I don't like to pay for media unless it's music or books that I want to read. Visual media now ALWAYS contains Leftist political messages, and that ain't fair.

So to OP, it's Netflix. If you want to pay for a streaming service, it's Netflix. Unfortunately.

roku is better hardware

firetv has amazon's backing.

both have options to load "unofficial" apps.

https://troypoint.com/cinema-apk/

the easy button is a firestick, then download "easy fire tools" to an android device.
use it to sideload apps from your phone onto firestick across the network using ADB.

don't pay for anything.

morally questionable.

The grand tour is filming again. Remember that little covid thing kinda happened and fucked everyone's plans up, especially globally traveled film crews for tv shows. :homer:

The grand tour is filming again. Remember that little covid thing kinda happened and fucked everyone's plans up, especially globally traveled film crews for tv shows. :homer:

That's true, I don't fault Wilman and the three for complying with restrictions, I'm just saying.... last content from CHM was December 2019 (looked it up).

And IMO the best fictional media/movie/miniseries/series recently were The Terror and Chernobyl, neither of which was on a trad streaming service (but I think you can stream AMC and HBOGO or whatever on separate platforms). So you couldn't get those on any of the streamers.

Netflix is just OK. It has lots of classic stuff on it. Their shows are decent as well. Hulu is better for watching stuff on TV now imo and has a more interesting library for us. Prime was eh, dropped it. Disney+ is niche, if you like Marvel and Star Wars its your ticket.

We have Youtube TV for local channels and sports along with Amazon Prime. Both are good but Youtube TV just increased their price to $65 a month and I'm not sure it's worth that much a month.

I just cancelled youtubeTV because of that, 40 when I signed up and it keeps going up. Fuck em.

We have YouTube TV and Netflix. We get 85 channels on YouTube I think.

We have a few services, for paid services it seems like we watch Netflix the most still.

For Free ad supported services Pluto is pretty good.

You can get cheap deals on Roku or firestick for the HDMI, both offer tons of streaming apps.

I ordered a Ruku Express.

I am going to try the free one that you mentioned and see how that goes.

I am not picky, I don't really have any shows that I watch regularly.

I am going to try the free one that you mentioned and see how that goes.

I watch pluto a lot, mostly just for noise in the background. Movies are kind of blah, they don't swap them often enough. But they have ton's of TV shows, news, weather. Take your pick. Even music channels.

Streaming movies, (with ads) Sony crackle is good and free, IMDB is free. VUDU has free movies. Roku offers free movies and TV as well.
Those seem to have the most viewing time between ads. and their ad system works LOL seems like a lot of other channels you watch 5 ads and it will freeze and kick you out half way through the 5th ad and you have to restart and that means restarting all 5 ads first.

We have the cheapest hulu subscription, I don't ever watch it, but my daughter has some shows she likes to watch on there.

One of the kids has a youtube subscription but I have never tried it.

I have 3 roku's and love em. Pluto tv is great for free but all re runs. Lot of content tho. We pay for hulu. The wife likes it. Wait till the holidays its .99 or 1.99 a month for a year.

No cable in my house, Have Comcast/Xfinity internet service and they offered me the "Flex" streaming box for free. Works great, has everything a ruko provides but also has the news.

Wow, just to update what most of you likely know, streaming is awesome!

I ordered the cheap Roku, plugged it into the 55" $50 marketplace special tv and damn am I happy.

Pluto is my favorite.

20200808_085200.jpg

20200808_085200.jpg

Top Back Refresh