What's new

Best Spray In Bedliner

TiTRD

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Wilmington, VT
Getting quotes to get my bed sprayed.

After loading compost in the bed with a drop in liner, it's a huge pain in the ass. Dirt gets underneath and the liner needs to be removed to be cleaned.

I've had quotes from LineX and Rhinoliners. Same price at $575 for a 5'-7" bed. Any other options? Who's product is superior?

Would possibly consider DIY if I can muster up the time / patience.

Had both, prefer LineX (or any of the harder alternatives) I think they hold up better, I also like a rubber bed mat on top of it,

I've got a 2002 F250 in the driveway right now with rhino liner in it. It's pulled up around the hitch and the tailgate is rough, and it's pretty much grey at this point.

There's a few shops around here that are spraying no name liner for $299 any bed size. I've talked to a few folks that have used them and they all seem happy. If I ever muster the desire to get my 2019 done I'll go with them.

LineX is the stuff to get around here. The prep is the most important part, whichever you get. I'd ask them how they prep the surface and see if they say "scuff the paint" or "take a grinder to the paint".

I went with Bed Rug though because I carry more fine furniture and fine plywoods than I do gravel and mulch. I build furniture on the side. The Bed Rug has excelled at everything and is also cooler to the touch for dogs in the back.

The guys spraying line-x after getting about $800 a bed here. It's the only thing any body shop wants to spray also.

My cheap ass did raptor liner on a project and it held up great.

The guys spraying line-x after getting about $800 a bed here. It's the only thing any body shop wants to spray also.

My cheap ass did raptor liner on a project and it held up great.

How was the prep on the raptor liner?

How was the prep on the raptor liner?

I don't know what they recommend. I grabbed the sanding disk grinder and ran everything 80 grit smooth. Wiped it down with mek and brushed it on. Lasted till I sold it.

Another vote for Line-X. Shop pickup and my buddies F250 have it. Stuff holds up to a lot of abuse without flinching. The trucks I've seen with rhino liner...... Not so much

I have used upol raptor on a few jeep builds and that stuff comes out awesome

I have a Rhino Pro liner in my Ram, not real impressed with it. I bought it used with the liner in it and it had some damage/chips in it but I didn't think much about it until I dropped a 1/2" ratchet in the bed and it left a pretty deep gouge, not quite to paint, but bad enough that I question the durability of the liner.

From what I understand, Line-x and any other spray liners are similar in composition. Rhino liner is different. Prep is the key.

local shop does $299 under the rail and I have no complaints.

Line X is the best but back when I did fleet stuff for a state university the IT department (who were routinely tossing scrap servers and switches in the beds) and the landscaping people (who were using hoes and rakes to pull out pine mulch had no problem shredding them. The drop in liners lasted way better for that kind of use.

Anyone use bullet liner? Internet lore says it's made by the guy that invented line-x and he created this to be better. They say it's applied with "high pressure and high heat". I don't think I've seen any in person yet.

My truck has a line x liner and I don't really feel like it is very durable for throwing stuff in the bed and pulling hevay stuff out. My next truck will probably be lined but it will also have a piece of 3/16 to protect the bed floor as well.

Have rhino liner in a truck that's peeling off, like old permatex. It appears to be a shit install job so not 100% blaming the product.
Have line-x in another truck that works great.

Did the Raptor on the floor of the crawler, used half of the “no slip” powder and it came out great and has held up really well. Prep I believe, as with almost everything is key. Put self etching primer on the bare metal, scuffed and applied.

We are a Line-X dealer at work and sell a bunch, we send them out to be done, kinda weird I know, but have never had an issue with a customer not liking or having an issue with the finished product.

Did the Raptor on the floor of the crawler, used half of the “no slip” powder and it came out great and has held up really well. Prep I believe, as with almost everything is key. Put self etching primer on the bare metal, scuffed and applied.

We are a Line-X dealer at work and sell a bunch, we send them out to be done, kinda weird I know, but have never had an issue with a customer not liking or having an issue with the finished product.

Any idea the rough cost on having it applied to a 14’ open trailer deck? I keep meaning to call for quotes, but haven’t yet. :homer:

I had Line-X shot in my truck bed two days after I bought it new in 2001. It's lived out in the sun the entire time and I've beat the shit out of it. The only part showing signs of age is the tops of the bed rails. Just looks thinner and worn down, but no bare spots. The rest of the truck is falling apart but, the Line-X has held up like a champ.

Top Back Refresh