What's new

Best Source for AN Fittings and Fuel Line

Grnd93

The Dude
Member Number
Loc
Michigan
Kind of a general question that didn’t seem to fit any of the tech sections, so Shit Shat it is.

ready to plumb the fuel system on our Mustang project and I am considering using braided fuel line with AN fittings.

I only need 5’ or less of -4 and -6 line and so far my searches are all turning up sources that want to sell 10’ or more.

who’s your go-to for this kind of stuff?

For oddball small projects, Summit Racing is my go-to.

Now, someone with better knowledge can drop some science & make me look like a rube :laughing:

I like to keep small engine/automotive fuel line in stock. Whenever we're low I just Amazon a 20' bundle or spool. They're usually the best price wise

Local to you or to me?

I’ll look at Fastenal

Good luck. I went in there a few weeks ago for a few common 1/2" and 5/8" nuts and bolts. They didn't have a half of what I needed, and we're not talking about anything unordinary. Like no 1/2" in three different sizes that I needed.

Good luck. I went in there a few weeks ago for a few common 1/2" and 5/8" nuts and bolts. They didn't have a half of what I needed, and we're not talking about anything unordinary. Like no 1/2" in three different sizes that I needed.

Fuck Fastenal. They used to order stuff into the store that wasn’t In stock and then try to charge me shipping for it.

This is who I go through. Hose is sold by the foot.

https://www.anplumbing.com

This link is gold.

These were the only guys in the country that were able to solve an AN problem I was having. Huyabusa motor in a sports racer that had a fitting on the dry sump that had some strange British thread on it. I did have to send them the fitting after 3 mis-steps so we could get the correct one. Even they were baffled but they did help me out.

It did help that I took final payment from one of the Indycar teams I worked for in the remaining AN stock, a pickup load of fittings from -3 to -16, all aluminum fittings anodized. Still my go to.

Summit, or Speedway. Avoid Pegasus unless you are desperate, they cater to racers and price accordingly. Parker stores if you can manage with the steel fittings, local store does not carry aluminum. Locally we have a Tubes n Hoses shop, they can find anything I ask for.

This is who I go through. Hose is sold by the foot.

https://www.anplumbing.com

Saving that one for later. I have a weird one that is some sort of funky British thread the last owner used on my air pressure gauge. It used to go to a small tank of compressed air to run the locker, but I swapped it for an ARB and air tank. I keep bringing the hose and fitting to all the ag fitting guys around the area who normally know their shit, but no one can figure out the thread pitch and I'm waaaaay too lazy to run a new line.

Saving that one for later. I have a weird one that is some sort of funky British thread the last owner used on my air pressure gauge. It used to go to a small tank of compressed air to run the locker, but I swapped it for an ARB and air tank. I keep bringing the hose and fitting to all the ag fitting guys around the area who normally know their shit, but no one can figure out the thread pitch and I'm waaaaay too lazy to run a new line.

BSP = British Standard Pipe thread. But the Brits couldn't leave it at that so you have, two kinds of BSP.

BSPP = British Standard Pipe Parallel...... uses an o-ring seal
BSPT = British Standard Pipe Tapered......like our NPT

Buuuut, a male BSPT fitting can be used in a female BSPP hole.

Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when you'll come across that crap either.

BSP = British Standard Pipe thread. But the Brits couldn't leave it at that so you have, two kinds of BSP.

Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when you'll come across that crap either.

W1ypqPS.gif

Looks like I need to do something. My kid decided he wanted to ride in the car during his drive-thru HS graduation next week.

that give us less than a week to wrap everything up. In the interest of saving time I decided to try splicing the nylon line. It went fine until the return line decided to kink when I was hooking it up. It’s just a hair too short.

at least now I can run th lines as far away from the headers as possible.

Our drill rigs use all DIN fittings and BSPP/BSPT stuff. We stock it all in house because 85% of the hydraulic stores and shops in the US don't have a clue when you show them a fitting or ask about one. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh