What's new

Best inexpensive cooler or best Yeti knockoff?

RusM

Amateur Viking
Member Number
Loc
North Bend WA
Need a new cooler or three, I want Yeti but I'm on a Shitti budget! Anyone have actual experience with a 50-65qt off brand roto molded cooler they'd recommend? Especially if it's in Prime and I can get I before next Saturday?

I have a bunch of yeti stuff that I got at cost and the rtic stuff is the same. Go with that or pelican.

Have you checked out the Ozark Trail ones at Wally World? I have a couple Pelicans (20 and 45) and they are amazing but not cheap. But for the $$ I would take a look at the Wally World ones, I haven't done any research on them :homer: but from what I've read people like them. Downside is that you have to go into a WalMart to get one. :mr-t:

Have you checked out the Ozark Trail ones at Wally World? I have a couple Pelicans (20 and 45) and they are amazing but not cheap. But for the $$ I would take a look at the Wally World ones,

This except I have an Ozark Trail cooler. I would say they are probably every bit as good as the yeti at 1/10th the cost and likely made in the same chink factory. I love mine, have had it for about 3-4 years now and no issues at all. For reference I have one of the smaller ones I use to pack my lunch in and leave it in my car until lunch time. Middle of July and the outside temps are pushing 100 so inside the car has got to be much hotter. At lunch time my cooler is still ice cold and the ice packs are almost completely still frozen. It is heavy and bulky due to the insulation but I have no regrets since I'm no brand whore.

Last edited:
I have yeti and rtic stuff. I would buy either one again. Rtic is supposedly some of the original designers from yeti that broke off.

Ozark trail Yeti knockoffs are awesome and I highly recommend one. I keep one full of ice & drinks in the back seat of my service truck all summer in Texas and one small bag of ice will last me the day. In fact it usually has some ice left over from the day before that hasent melted when i toss in the new bag in the morning.

20200726_200257.jpg

I have a rtic and a caynon and like both of them. You just pay for the name yeti.

Costco has or had the 65 size in white for 3 bones.

I have a few ozarks, a friend has the same size yeti. At the end of the weekend 90+ degrees and both were in the same spot all weekend. Filled with beer and ice and slowly emptied, could not tell the difference between them. For the price I paid I am more than happy.

Edit looking it up both appear to be in 70 quart range.

Last edited:
You have to go there for that? It's not coming up on their website
Had them in stock when I was cooler shopping a couple years ago. Not a hard choice next to a Yeti, everything looked identical except the price tag and molded name on the front.

Most all the rotomolded coolers perform the same. Major differences are things like hinges, latches, drains, or price. So get whatever fits your budget. There is simply no way a yeti will keep usable ice one more day over an rtic or ozark trail cooler.

Better yet, save your money and just buy a portable fridge. It's a game changer. My wife was pissed I bought one(a cheap one at that), but she loves it now! No more soggy food you throw away at the end of a trip, no more digging through ice, and we can use it as another fridge/freezer at home if we need.

Kevin

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-2...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Won this one at work. works fine, keeps ice about 7 hours in the dead of summer, keeps shit cold about 12 hours. That tossing ice on hot stuff. would probably last longer if i pre cooled shit. But better than my old generic ice chest that made it about 3 hours.

Rides around in the back of my service truck.
Doesnt have a drain

But i got it for free
would not recommend it if it were anything other than free. I was eyeing a ozark trail that would fit perfectly behind my welder and i could mount it to the side of the truck.

Last edited:
Permafrost.

Grizzly.

Haven't been able to destroy either one.

Another vote for Ozark from Walmart. Had it for several years and works great and takes a beating. Wife likes the little rack that sits on top so none of that stuff ever gets wet.

Top Back Refresh