What's new

Best inexpensive cooler or best Yeti knockoff?

RTIC anything. I have the 110 cooler, and a dozen or so of their vacume insulated bottles and jugs. Buy on a holiday and save sometimes 80%.

I still stand by my earlier recommendation on the Ozark Trail rotomolded cooler. Bang for the buck I don't think they can be beat. Inspect it before you buy it and then if you really need the validation see if you can find a Yeti sticker to put on it.

The RTIC 110 if i add 40 or more pounds of ice. the ice will refreeze into clumps and I have to use something to break it up.

I have a $27 colman from walmart. It keeps things cold, it has wheels and a handle. For the price I am happy with it.

What size? I need a cooler to hold about a 30 pack and ice. If last a few days I'd be good with that.

All my coolers got Stolen :rolleyes:

What size? I need a cooler to hold about a 30 pack and ice. If last a few days I'd be good with that.

All my coolers got Stolen :rolleyes:

Little bigger than that, but I am happy with it. I have had one for years, just bought two more like it a few weeks ago.

thumbnail (11).jpg

Little bigger than that, but I am happy with it. I have had one for years, just bought two more like it a few weeks ago.

$27 ? Must be a BiG difference in Walmart pricing. 84 cans and 50 quart is not on the shelf of any Walmart I've checked out.

You get a special Discount or something ? Friend work there ?

This thread is perfect timing. As I said all my coolers got Stolen (Fuck Thieves) I had about 10 or so coolers in different sizes. I just was given a small Igloo a that holds 12 cans and about 6-7 lbs of ice. It does ok for 24 hours.

But my needs are a little bit bigger than that. I had a Coleman 5 Day, very similar to that one. It was the next size down. Held a 30 pack and a Full 10 lbs of ice easy and lasted several days.

For the money ,it's hard to beat. Thanks

The Lifetime 55 I got from Walmart is pretty.uch kicking ass and taking names. Best value for the money in my opinion, went camping this weekend and it held ice longer than my buddies Yeti at a third the price.

Tjis being Irate4x4 you should probably just build your own though! :flipoff2:

The Lifetime 55 I got from Walmart is pretty.uch kicking ass and taking names. Best value for the money in my opinion, went camping this weekend and it held ice longer than my buddies Yeti at a third the price.

Tjis being Irate4x4 you should probably just build your own though! :flipoff2:

That is the cooler my buddy has and made me realize mine can't hang. $120 on amazon and made in USA.

I picked up this Igloo at Ace Hardware on sale for $150. Love it. Built rock solid, holds ice great and doesn't weigh a ton.

I have the same. Here are snippets from my post on FB about it.

------------------

Saturday morning : Cooler and 24 bottles of water at room temp. 6 other water bottles and two 32oz Gatorade bottles that were from the fridge. Then loaded 35lb of ice from the convenience store. Temp outside when it was loaded up was 74. Today reached 101 and the cooler stayed in the back of my Tahoe from 6am to 2pm. Cooler was opened regularly to get drinks. Probably a dozen times. I'm happy so far. Now to see if it holds up to use. That pic of the ice is where it stands now. Going to leave it in the hot garage with my hot vehicle parked and will see what's left in the morning.

117649978_10157795838109118_1771634196165272203_o.jpg

Saturday night: Garage is currently 105. The concrete floor is 95. Top of lid is 100. After 5 hours the ice looks almost the same, little more melted from before but not much

Sunday Morning: 630 next morning. Garage at 88

117705705_10157797339919118_441654477947802076_o.jpg

Monday night: 109 in the garage Monday night (60 hours after initial fill) and there is still some ice floating in the water.

Tuesday night: There are a few cubes still floating around this morning. I am impressed. I usually don't keep coolers in 105+ degree conditions.

i'll throw in my vote for a Canyon cooler. I also have a yeti and don't see much of a difference, but there is a price difference. i like the latches on the Canyon much better too.

There are 3 reasons to buy a high end cooler.
1 You are hard on coolers and break hinges latches plugs etc.
2 You spend long times out away from amenities.
3 You just want to be part of the cool club and look like you have money.

Now you just have to be honest with yourself as to which category you fit into.

I bought a 77qt lifetime...i dig it. I will say it takes nearly 2 ppl to load when full

We decided to pull the trigger on a fancy cooler last winter. Ended up with a yeti 65. Made in USA. Deep discount for military put it at about the same price as the other fancy coolers.(20%?)
Was very sceptical about spending the coin.
Pros:
Sturdy as hell
Made in USA
Keeps ice icy
No more driving to get ice
good discount for military

Cons:
Expensive
Drain sprays every fucking where until plug is fully removed
Funky tiedown points if not going over the lid
Rubber latches seem to be the weak point but have held up
Yeti fanboi ridicule (I swear the fucker has yeti stamped into it in 50 different spots)

I have two yetis, I got both for about half price or less. They are not worth the money if you get in and out of it regularly. Now I have and arb, fucking thing is awesome.

Now you just have to be honest with yourself as to which category you fit into.

#3!

I only have a soft sided REI. I like that its easy to carry. It wont really keep fish 100% frozen on my 8 hour drive back from the coast. I have toyed with the idea of a better one for this. Luckily I am too cheap.

I have a yeti an ozark trail and recently got a cold bastard. The ozark is my least favorite. Mostly because of the latches. I had one break as soon as I got it. It seems there were issues with the first run of these when they came out. Got replacement parts and fixed it but the design is overly complicated with too many breakable parts. That said the cooler has worked well and is one of the better deals.

Take a look at the cold bastard coolers. The company was started by a so cal desert race group. I got the 25 quart for a trail cooler. I have only used it twice but so far so good.

How do you like the cold bastard compared to the Yeti? I am thinking about getting a vibe for this hunting season and Cold bastards are just re-branded Vibe kayak coolers.

How do you like the cold bastard compared to the Yeti? I am thinking about getting a vibe for this hunting season and Cold bastards are just re-branded Vibe kayak coolers.

Its ok. The insulation is nice and thick but the fit and finish aren't of the same quality as the yeti. Probably on par with the ozark. I got it because it was the only one I could find in a small size that did not have one of the metal folding handles. It straps down easily in my trail rig while still allowing me to open the lid. Having had my hands on a lot of the high end cooers the best bang for the buck in my mind is the RTIC they just weren't available when needed one.

My 77qt. Lifetime just showed up at the door, will let you know how it does. Maiden voyage is a kayak camping trip down the Delaware in a few weeks.

Finally saw a Lifetime in stock at the wall mall and decided to buy it since I need a bigger cooler for hunting season. It didn't register in their system so checking out took way too long but whatever.

For $97 the fit and finish seems like it's gonna be durable and it is made in USA. I can already tell the rope handles are gonna piss me off though. It's textured and not a smooth finish like a Yeti or RTIC so I can't cover it in stickers to show everyone how cool and outdoorsy I am either :flipoff2:

Repair question for you guys:

Hooked a hard left heading to dinner tonight and my ozark took a pretty good tumble into an old winch and plate I had in the back of the truck and popped a pinhole in the lid on the top. Do I throw another sticker on it over the hole, jb weld, super glue? What to do?

Its sticker bombed and kinda beat, so function over looks in this situation.

Used my 77qt. Lifetime this past weekend. It did great even with my shitty packing job.

AHyFcXFl.jpg

I give it :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2: out of :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Ive got the 55 and 28 qt lifetime coolers and an old coleman extreme 70. The lifetime will hold ice for a week if you dont get it in every 20 minutes. Ill take it camping and take all the food out when we get back and leave the ice in it and next weekend when I load up for another camping trip, it usually still has ice in it. Great coolers!! Made in USA and less than $100. :usa::usa:

Top Back Refresh