What's new

Best Factory Spare Tire Jack

Ebs

`
Member Number
Loc
MI
Would like to keep a few mechanical screw or scissor type jacks on hand. Is there any vehicles I can keep an eye out for at pick n pull that had better factory spare tire jacks? Most fullsize trucks? I know the H1 Hummers have a cool high lift scissor jack, but not very parts yard plentiful.

I like screw jacks better than a scissor jack. Have done alot of stupid stuff with the one in my 1st gen tacoma and it hasnt died yet.

Thats all I got:flipoff2:

Just get any old screw jack from a fullsize truck. And get whatever mounting plate they have that goes with it and keeps it from bouncing around back there. A medicre jack that's securely mounted is better than a nice jack bouncing around in a spare tire well.

I've got about half a dozen random screw jacks bolted to rotors to make ghetto jack stands. I've done some real dumb shit in that configuration up to and including knocking over shit with the jack at full extension. Never had any problems bending or breaking anything so I feel confident in saying you'll never have a problem using one as intended.

I have one of those Nissan jacks (same as the Toyota one) that all those fanboys who are a cancer upon the automotive world lust after. It's actually worse to use than than the cast aluminum and and stamped steel ones everything seems to use these days because the base is smaller and rounded. While I understand why that's supposedly better in theory it makes it way less stable in practice. So it collects dust in the garage.

Toyota Jack's are the best by far

I actually don't really care, they seem to work fine, similar to my Ford one, just figured it would irritate someone ^^^ ......

:flipoff2:

What vehicle has a spare tire jack?

You mean winch?

What are you trying to do with it? The Toyota jacks are a good use as a tool (prying shit apart for example, holding something in place if you need to weld) but kind of suck for lifting a vehicle. The bottle jacks with an integrated jackstand are pretty awesome if you have the room to store it like in a truck toolbox for example.

90's-00's Mopar telescoping factory jacks have potential, that I knows for sure. They're surprisingly light and extend a lot for the size. Easily powered by a drill.

Ford transits have a legitimate cast-iron bottle jack.

90's-00's Mopar telescoping factory jacks have potential, that I knows for sure. They're surprisingly light and extend a lot for the size. Easily powered by a drill.
My 2010 power wagon has same style so there's an extension of years to look for. I would think all rams had the same in those generations but idk

The hydraulic jack from a Land Rover Disco 1 and 2 are pretty good once you weld a V shaped chunk of metal on the top.

Top Back Refresh