What's new

Beer exchange 2021

I'm just popping into publicly admit I failed in the beer exchange this year. I have been in the hospital due to acute covid pneumonia since December 9th, was put in a medically induced coma for 38 days, followed by a few more days in the surgical icu, two weeks in the respiratory Care facility, and I'm on my final week of inpatient physical rehabilitation learning how to walk again. While I was in a coma, some blood clots came from my lungs and shot up to my brain where I had two moderate and a bunch of minor strokes. I now require a walker and or wheelchair along with supplemental oxygen.

I have contacted my partner in this today to inform him why I disappeared off of the face of the earth. I have offered him to retry doing the exchange this summer when I should be able to drive, walk, and actually shop for the beer. If I am prohibited from participating in the future, so be it... but I would hope that being in a coma during the holiday season is a good enough reason to have failed.
Good lord man…. That’s alotta shit to deal with…. You gotta be a tough SOB to get through that and worry about a beer exchange!!!
Keep us posted and keep getting better!!!
:beer: :beer::beer:

I'm just popping into publicly admit I failed in the beer exchange this year. I have been in the hospital due to acute covid pneumonia since December 9th, was put in a medically induced coma for 38 days, followed by a few more days in the surgical icu, two weeks in the respiratory Care facility, and I'm on my final week of inpatient physical rehabilitation learning how to walk again. While I was in a coma, some blood clots came from my lungs and shot up to my brain where I had two moderate and a bunch of minor strokes. I now require a walker and or wheelchair along with supplemental oxygen.

I have contacted my partner in this today to inform him why I disappeared off of the face of the earth. I have offered him to retry doing the exchange this summer when I should be able to drive, walk, and actually shop for the beer. If I am prohibited from participating in the future, so be it... but I would hope that being in a coma during the holiday season is a good enough reason to have failed.
Good excuse.
You get a pass.
Just glad you survived.

I got a sweet haul from Sluggy
He packed it well enough to survive any postal carrier and included a sweet bottle opener that I glued magnets to for a fridge ornament.

The cooler part of all this is making a new friend!
I see some Drake's and Dustbowl and Henhouse in there! all good choices. Drake's is one of my all time favorites.

holy shit man! Glad you are pulling through. that sounds like quite the ordeal.

Send me you and your partners addresses and I will ship both of you some beer! one for the exchange and one for a get well soon present!

that is the last thing you should be worried about now.

Damn dude! Glad you're still with us.

ryantowry_81 yours is ready to ship. I've been dealing with some health shit too, but nothing like above.
No worries bud. life gets crazy for all of us from time to time.

holy shit man! Glad you are pulling through. that sounds like quite the ordeal.

Send me you and your partners addresses and I will ship both of you some beer! one for the exchange and one for a get well soon present!

that is the last thing you should be worried about now.
I sent you my partner's address. No need to go out of your way to send me any beer. I mainly worry about this because I try to be a man of my word, and I gave my word that I would ship beers to him yet the virus had other ideas for my winter plans.

On a brighter note, I am due to be discharged tomorrow. I finally get to see my son again tomorrow night... and I get to see my dog tomorrow afternoon.

I sent you my partner's address. No need to go out of your way to send me any beer. I mainly worry about this because I try to be a man of my word, and I gave my word that I would ship beers to him yet the virus had other ideas for my winter plans.

On a brighter note, I am due to be discharged tomorrow. I finally get to see my son again tomorrow night... and I get to see my dog tomorrow afternoon.
That's great news. Hoping for the best for you, your son and your dog.

That's great news. Hoping for the best for you, your son and your dog.
And my wife!
FB_IMG_1644841334856.jpg

ryantowry_81 I hope your cat piss showed up all in one piece.

Be careful on the silver can. They hit me late and I'm fucked up before I know it :beer:
yeah it came in yesturday while i was watching a sick kiddo. Perfect timing for some cold beer. luckily it was 22 out so the package was already cold to try some out.
beer.jpg

You rock man!!!! cant wait to try the rest. I have heard Heady Topper packs a punch before so i will have to proceed with reckless abandon.

yeah it came in yesturday while i was watching a sick kiddo. Perfect timing for some cold beer. luckily it was 22 out so the package was already cold to try some out.
beer.jpg

You rock man!!!! cant wait to try the rest. I have heard Heady Topper packs a punch before so i will have to proceed with reckless abandon.
Excellent! Glad they made it. Enjoy!!

Top Back Refresh