Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Been doing a bunch of riding with the kiddos on their Stacycs

Sandy Johnson

Harry Member
Member Number
Loc
Spreckels, Ca
These things are so rad, because you can take them anywhere and no one really bats an eye. They're a great tool for teaching kids throttle control at a very early age (my youngest is 2 1/2 and already very competent on his).

Ripping around our little town:
CywLfCnWhZDiU_mb6S5Lb1EbQ=w1188-h894-no?authuser=0.jpg

hxsGMoXJLp14-TfuuAN9-2saA=w1188-h894-no?authuser=0.jpg

Local BLM biking/hiking trails(technically their bikes are illegal because of the twist throttle, but no one cares):

EFin1DTV9CyQWmAWmMkiT18_A=w1188-h894-no?authuser=0.jpg

Deadly! Our 5 year old has been running a strong case that the freshy needs one. At 6 months I think it's a little early, but the wife has already got a strider and one of their rocker bases for him as soon as he's up and wobbling around:laughing:.

Deadly! Our 5 year old has been running a strong case that the freshy needs one. At 6 months I think it's a little early, but the wife has already got a strider and one of their rocker bases for him as soon as he's up and wobbling around:laughing:.
Nice! I think both of my little dudes started between 2 and 2 1/2 years old. Probably closer to 2 1/2. We waited until we could fit a Youth Small moto helmet on their noggins before giving it a try.

Nice! I think both of my little dudes started between 2 and 2 1/2 years old. Probably closer to 2 1/2. We waited until we could fit a Youth Small moto helmet on their noggins before giving it a try.

Yeah the older one was a couple months past his 3rd birthday when he got on his little kawi 50, so this one will be chasing him, probably start earlier:laughing:

They are really cool, my 4 and 5 year olds got one each for Xmas. I'm pretty disappointed in how much of a pos they are though. If it was my money, I would be livid.

I also miss how they could just ride their striders for hours without worrying about dead batteries, broken this or that. Not sure I would recommend them over a 50 dirt bike.

They are really cool, my 4 and 5 year olds got one each for Xmas. I'm pretty disappointed in how much of a pos they are though. If it was my money, I would be livid.

I also miss how they could just ride their striders for hours without worrying about dead batteries, broken this or that. Not sure I would recommend them over a 50 dirt bike.
Their main strength is riding them places where you can't ride a gas bike. The nearest place my kids can ride a real motorcycle is 40 minutes away. So, for us, the Stacyc is gold. It's going to be a pretty serious internal battle for me when my oldest outgrows the 16". The bigger ones are so expensive, but they can't get in rides like we do on now with out one. Hopefully by then he'll be strong enough on a pedal bike to pick up some of that slack.

Their main strength is riding them places where you can't ride a gas bike. The nearest place my kids can ride a real motorcycle is 40 minutes away. So, for us, the Stacyc is gold. It's going to be a pretty serious internal battle for me when my oldest outgrows the 16". The bigger ones are so expensive, but they can't get in rides like we do on now with out one. Hopefully by then he'll be strong enough on a pedal bike to pick up some of that slack.

Ya, i get that, but if they're broken, they are no more useful than anything else.

1 came with fucked up forks out of the box.

The other died after about a month, been waiting on parts.

The battery is in a dumb spot and gets sand and dirt all over it. Then it's about impossible to get off.

Both have broken the plastic in the battery receiver.

Not a quality issue, but it's really lame that they take what is 99% a dewalt battery that cost $60, change it just enough to work and ask $200 for it :homer: I've heard people say they don't last very long either.

On the positive side, they seem to have decent customer service. Just disappointing for how much they cost.

Ya, i get that, but if they're broken, they are no more useful than anything else.

1 came with fucked up forks out of the box.

The other died after about a month, been waiting on parts.

The battery is in a dumb spot and gets sand and dirt all over it. Then it's about impossible to get off.

Both have broken the plastic in the battery receiver.

Not a quality issue, but it's really lame that they take what is 99% a dewalt battery that cost $60, change it just enough to work and ask $200 for it :homer: I've heard people say they don't last very long either.

On the positive side, they seem to have decent customer service. Just disappointing for how much they cost.
:confused: this is an actual Stacyc brand bike?!?

Other than my kid crashing and busting a piece of the plastic chain guard off of his, we haven't had any issues with ours. They've ridden them all over California- rocks, mud, sand, rain, you name it. All our batteries are still alive and bikes are working good for what they are- a small bmx bike with a cordless drill motor and battery and some plastic wrapped around it.

My only beef is the silly brakes they come with that makes it a nightmare to change flats. I've got my eye on a disc brake adapter kit for both the 12" and the 16"

Odd that you're having so many issues with yours tho. Both of ours were made pre-covid BS, so maybe that has something to do with it?

I thought for sure that these type of shenanigans would kill one of the bikes, especially given the battery position, but they keep on truckin. Getting the mud off the battery in the second picture was interesting but not terrible.

PXL_20211224_224920867.jpg

PXL_20221203_222505856.MP.jpg

:confused: this is an actual Stacyc brand bike?!?

Other than my kid crashing and busting a piece of the plastic chain guard off of his, we haven't had any issues with ours. They've ridden them all over California- rocks, mud, sand, rain, you name it. All our batteries are still alive and bikes are working good for what they are- a small bmx bike with a cordless drill motor and battery and some plastic wrapped around it.

My only beef is the silly brakes they come with that makes it a nightmare to change flats. I've got my eye on a disc brake adapter kit for both the 12" and the 16"

Odd that you're having so many issues with yours tho. Both of ours were made pre-covid BS, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Yes, stacyc brand.

My kids are, well, my kids, so they are food at breaking stuff, but still. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh