What's new

Bands you never thought you liked

Fivepointfive

Guy in the back
Member Number
Loc
Beside the point
Maybe a spin-off? Actually been meaning to do this one for a while.

As a wee punk I kinda liked early Corrosion of Conformity. Then the album Deliverance came out and I was all WTF??? This shit is slow and boring. Gave up on them for years until I saw them play with Clutch and was blown away. Went back and realized this album is so killer. Constant rotation now.

220px-Deliverance_%28COC_album%29.jpg

A band that I never thought I liked and still don't like....Rush. I don't get why so many people love that band. They are way overplayed even today and whoever wrote the lyrics for them sucks. Lyrics seemed to me like they were written by a freshman level English major thinking he was being a deep thinker.

A band I didn't like for the longest time but have grown to like them, Pearl Jam.

A band that I never thought I liked and still don't like....Rush. I don't get why so many people love that band. They are way overplayed even today and whoever wrote the lyrics for them sucks. Lyrics seemed to me like they were written by a freshman level English major thinking he was being a deep thinker.

Agree with Rush. A guy at my work is a huge fan, he named his kid after someone in the band and turned his tattoo of his ex-wife's face to the lead singer. Yes, it looks as horrible as it sounds. :lmao:

For me it's Foo Fighters.

there are lots of (Old?) songs like from the 80s,.. that I did not like at the time.. but now I really enjoy

as far as Rush I only like the later half of their music.. someone got me into them long ago.. and when I bought the 2 CD greatest hits.. the first CD I did not like at all.. but I thought the 2nd CD sounded great, nice and loud...

I know there are a few, but can't think of them off the top of my head. Skindred might be one. Something about that metal/reggae mashup is great to me. I think seeing a band live will always make you appreciate bands you might not ordinarily like.

Agree with Rush. A guy at my work is a huge fan, he named his kid after someone in the band and turned his tattoo of his ex-wife's face to the lead singer. Yes, it looks as horrible as it sounds. :lmao:

We have to have a picture of that.

you're a pussy if you can't

I trust that his kid now spends a lot of time slappin' 'da bass....

bass.gif

Top Back Refresh