Bald Mountain, Shaver Lake Area, Sierra National Forest

Hooligan

Xtreme wheeler of the web
Member Number
Loc
Sacramento
This trail needs a thread.

Sierra National Forest - Home

Trail is closed for April and May. Any reason to think it won’t open this week? I’ll be in Fresno next weekend and want to cruise up.

Is this trail still adopted by Clovis Independent club?

After my talk with calaveras (sp) ranger, yes.
June 1 line in the sand at fed level b.s.meter stuff....

Clovis is the Adopt-a-trail club for Bald Mountain and Brewer Lake trails.

Snow was good yesterday, gave awesome grip. Trail hasn’t seen much traffic. We got there late, around 2. Was a few trucks heading out and we had the place to ourselves.

Side note, why does TRD Tundra not have front tow points? Used A-arms, to pull someone out, which I don’t like to do.

56AA980F-873D-498B-8EEF-D2BF25956F8C.jpeg
2A065300-6127-4E95-A936-C12D8CC7F9D5.jpeg
94BB4EA0-2D52-42BC-B1D8-2FD53490D049.jpeg

Time for a trail update. Off the Dinkey Creek and Rock Creek entrance we usually stay to the left, haven‘t been to the right in a long while, so 26E330 it is.
The first hill climb to the left was fun.
IMG_0502.png

But this way led us back to the main route ( as if staying left at the start). Not what we wanted, so made our way back to 26E330. Had my daughter drive the rest of the way.

Found this cool stair step.
IMG_0495.jpeg

After this the trail turns right and some cool areas (for full size). This shelf had a bunch of lines, I wanted to be selfish and drive, but led my daughter to an easier line.
IMG_0500.png

This was a cool shelf, with a few lines.
IMG_0498.png

Then way in the back was this creek crossing.

This part of the trail was tight, like an inch to spare between some trees. Full size made it though.

Attachments

• IMG_2084.mov
    91.3 MB
Top Back Refresh