What's new

Back by Popular Demand ..... Group Forums

Austin

Blame Canada
Member Number
Loc
St.Louis, MO
When we made the move to the new forum software I made the decision to ditch the groups section. They were not used and 3/4 of them seemed to be tests or playgrounds for people. I should have put that up for more of a vote.... because it turns out people want them back. Weasel has been on me for awhile with his groups needs. I looked at a few modules, then sent him one of the two I liked for review. He gave it a "holy fuck that demo site is hideous but I like the way it works" .. thumbs up. Here is his group he's set up:

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 9.00.25 PM.png

So Groups are back up and running for serious needs. You can add your club, add some portion of the country you wheel, small business owners advice group or whatever.

You can find the 'Groups' link in the Miscellaneous section just under GCC. If you want to create one, you need to use the main navigation Groups -> Create group.

Some cool features:
  • Create Group Specific Forums
  • Create Group Specific Photo Albums
  • Create Group Specific Event Calendar
  • Add/Remove Group Moderators
  • Groups can be open, private or invite only (Site admin and mods still have access)

If you got any questions ... let me know :beer:

So this kinda replaces the old regional forums from the old place also?

Having recently moved to a new part of the country, it would be cool to actually see who else is in the area on here.

Do I just make a group called eastern WA, North ID, and western MT? :laughing:

the fuck is a group forum?

can we use racial slurs like ***** there?

asking for a friend :flipoff2:

So this kinda replaces the old regional forums from the old place also?

Having recently moved to a new part of the country, it would be cool to actually see who else is in the area on here.

Do I just make a group called eastern WA, North ID, and western MT? :laughing:
Exactly, you can create them for wherever you want.

Edit: found it

So I created a group. And like a dumbass I far fingered it.

Can I edit the name? I can't seem.to find that option using my phone.

It's OffRoadOhip
Should be OffRoadOhio

Last edited:
So the banner deal does not work in scaling. I uploaded the logo first and it cut off the top and bottom. No big deal it's just the wrong size. So I resize to 200pxel high as it's mostly a square. When I upload it now it stretches it out to the 850pixel width. :confused:

So the banner deal does not work in scaling. I uploaded the logo first and it cut off the top and bottom. No big deal it's just the wrong size. So I resize to 200pxel high as it's mostly a square. When I upload it now it stretches it out to the 850pixel width. :confused:
hmmm just checked the one I created and found the same thing.

Yes you need to upload a 850 x 200px image. Unfortunately that groups module doesn't have any of the scaling features. If you need help creating an img the right size let me know.

Top Back Refresh