What's new

Baby Eagle gen2 gen3

NotmyJK

Member Number
Loc
Indiana
Looking to dump my wife old S&W 380 Bodyguard and wanting to trade it in. LGS is offering a gen2 Baby Eagle .40 that they will have to order. I can't find any gen2s online only gen 3s. Are there still gen 2s out there?

Looking to dump my wife old S&W 380 Bodyguard and wanting to trade it in. LGS is offering a gen2 Baby Eagle .40 that they will have to order. I can't find any gen2s online only gen 3s. Are there still gen 2s out there?
Gun shows probably.

I have run into that. When the new Gen comes out of a certain series the Previous Gen is usually only available and gun shows or smaller gun shops.
Usually a bit cheaper too.

is that version the polymer ones?

there was a dump of surplus Jericho 941s and Baby Eagles from Isreal last spring/summer. they had both steel and polymer. i picked up a steel in chrome. new truck gun.

Right now they can't hardly give away .40s Nothing wrong with a .40, it's just the tactical world has moved on from it.

I like the older baby eagles with the steel frames. Do not really care for the polymer baby eagles. They function fine, but 1 they are ugly, 2 don't have a great feel like the steel frame does.

Right now they can't hardly give away .40s Nothing wrong with a .40, it's just the tactical world has moved on from it.

I like the older baby eagles with the steel frames. Do not really care for the polymer baby eagles. They function fine, but 1 they are ugly, 2 don't have a great feel like the steel frame does.
.40 was always an answer looking for a problem.

I assure, you you don't want to get his with a 40, then again you don't want to get hit with any bullet.
I'm not selling any of my 40s, but I'm not exactly looking to buy any new ones either.

I have plenty of .40 FMJ and only one other .40 firearm.
It just seems like I don’t hear of people purposely buying .40 any more. I have it and shoot it because I can’t sell them for what they’re worth to me.
Are they trading you straight up a 380 smith for the baby eagle?

You want .40?
I have plenty of .40 FMJ and only one other .40 firearm.
It just seems like I don’t hear of people purposely buying .40 any more. I have it and shoot it because I can’t sell them for what they’re worth to me.
Are they trading you straight up a 380 smith for the baby eagle?
They are not. I will have to pay the difference. I was wrong on the gen. also. It is a gen 3.

Enjoy your new gun! Give us a range report when you get it. I’ve never shot a baby eagle.

GunBroker has a Gen 2 at $499. If that is what you wanted and didn't pick up the Gen 3.

Enjoy your new gun! Give us a range report when you get it. I’ve never shot a baby eagle.
Put about 30 rounds through it yesterday. Love how the grip feels. Shoots really nice to me but I am comparing it to my other 40 which is a S&W Shield single stack. I can't shoot that for shit. Lol
326803922_858416125246843_7042271049554460439_n.jpg

I have a steel baby eagle in .40 I picked up from the Marine Corp exchange around 2001-ish for 358.00. By far the best feeling and most accurate pistol I have ever owned. Don't know if they still do it but, my barrel is not round internally. It is octagon shaped. Guess the Israeli's figured out that the bullet makes more contact with the lands and grooves or some shit and resulted in a more accurate gun. I can hit steel human silhouettes consistently at 100 yards. 150 is doable as long as you can maintain your giant holdover.

I have a steel baby eagle in .40 I picked up from the Marine Corp exchange around 2001-ish for 358.00. By far the best feeling and most accurate pistol I have ever owned. Don't know if they still do it but, my barrel is not round internally. It is octagon shaped. Guess the Israeli's figured out that the bullet makes more contact with the lands and grooves or some shit and resulted in a more accurate gun. I can hit steel human silhouettes consistently at 100 yards. 150 is doable as long as you can maintain your giant holdover.
Its called polygonal "rifling". I believe Glock used it in some pistols for a while. Supposedly makes for a better gas seal.

Its called polygonal "rifling". I believe Glock used it in some pistols for a while. Supposedly makes for a better gas seal.
Hmmm...might be why reloads won't cycle through that thing.

Hmmm...might be why reloads won't cycle through that thing.
I havent ran any reloads through it. I have an over abundance of factory .40. You should be getting higher pressures. Is it cycling too fast and catching the ejected brass? Or skipping over the next round? Maybe drop .1-.2 grain and see if it helps?

I havent had any issues with any different factory loads, regular, training, or frangible. I havent shot any really "hot" loads though.

Top Back Refresh