What's new

Axial Trail Honcho project

rattle_snake

Fuckwits
Member Number
Loc
Chandler, AZ
And so it begins...

Picked up a used Axial Trail Honcho with a fair amount of mods already done to it. Got it from a friend who has a severe addiction and builds a lot of trucks. So his recipe for crawling on granite.
  • SS links
  • brass knuckles
  • Holmes crawlmaster 20T
  • Quickrun VT
  • Reefs 555 servo
  • tires/foam/wheels
  • customized shocks
  • other stuff
Going to see how this setup works and modify as I go.
The Toyota looking body has to go, because Toyotas are a bit too :rainbow: :flipoff2:
b09JZeeHDS8RwHm8ZMyyjYVAhi=w931-h698-no?authuser=1.jpg

Mod #1 looks to be trimming body and shortening the front of frame.
K0eb80xLnjIuyJ9-R4HHTA8Vmk=w931-h698-no?authuser=1.jpg

Ride height set to almost full bump up front.
rqdnuw8qHjCZn_FpB4K_yhqy8D=w524-h698-no?authuser=1.jpg

Last edited:
Cut the frame down a bit on front to allow it to climb a ledge, aka 90* approach.
zqhTsYmr_AZxuSmLQ9XFYPhHXi=w507-h676-no?authuser=1.jpg

Also peeled off the advertisement stickers and trimmed the body rockers and front wheel wells. Needs some type of rocker protection. or boat sides.
8zqYnreLFydY02AWM-z1UZtWHD=w507-h676-no?authuser=1.jpg

so if you have not got one yet you will want one, a 3d printer is the cats meow for RC stuff. crazy amount of files out there for you to use. like simple things to make the new body work . them little extensions. maybe not needed but sometimes they are

That is one rabbit hole I would like to go down. After CNC plasma....

I found some 3d printed headers I would like so....

i got the ender 3 pro for little over 200 on amazon and its been awesome and its a deep deep rabbit hole of possibilities.

Cut rockers some more and put some flat black vinyl on. Reconfigured controller, wiring and on/off button for easier access.

Truck has a Holmes crawlmaster sport 20T motor and a Quickrun WP crawler speed controller. Reefs 555 servo. guess there is not much stock parts left.

P95WYeW4NSh40BObCq9ZCXxa4=w1030-h772-no?authuser=0.jpg

I can't believe it doesn't have the vaterra 68 ford body on it painted to look like a certain green truck I have seen around lol.

I like it. The blue f350 is almost identical to mine haha. I recently bought an amazon chassis to get mine lower

Top Back Refresh