What's new

Auxiliary fuel tank?

How come they couldn't do similar for gassers? They're listed for diesel.

Seems evap emission relate is the culprit?

Have a few tanks in storage that I might be tempted to liquidate.

One is stainless round holds about 80 gallons and another aluminum that holds between 135 - 150 gallons.

Any interest PM me.

What I'm going to run in the F250.

20220413_193630.jpg

20220413_193623.jpg

I would call transfer flow. I'm 80% sure they made a tank for your truck at one point, shit my 97 F350 has one. They probably just don't stock it, but may be able to make it?
Thanks for Transfer Flow. Website doesn't have what I'm looking for. Under bed extra tank. 6.5 ft bed, need all bed space I can get.

I'm looking for one that goes under bed. Im looking intocab and chassis 3500hd / 2500hd suburban auxiliary tank. Figure be more convenient to keep it close to stock form as possible aside from fabricating mounts/ fitment.

Thanks for Transfer Flow. Website doesn't have what I'm looking for. Under bed extra tank. 6.5 ft bed, need all bed space I can get.

I'm looking for one that goes under bed. Im looking intocab and chassis 3500hd / 2500hd suburban auxiliary tank. Figure be more convenient to keep it close to stock form as possible aside from fabricating mounts/ fitment.
Again CALL transfer flow :homer::flipoff2:

I have a 50 gallon fuel and tool combo in my ccsb Chevy, factory 24g tank, and 11mpg towing makes 220 mile trips a little stressful, actually had to dip in twice on I 10 in Texas, y'all have some looong stretches without fuel out there....

Gasoline has different transport laws. In-bed tank needs to be double-wall beyond a certain capacity (check your jurisdiction). I know I'm good to 500L with diesel with single-wall tank.

Edit: nobody pays attention to extra tanks under the bed :grinpimp:

I think older GM’s HD trucks’ emission system was made/rated to carry up to a total of 100 gallons, with sealed aux tank?

CD88266D-A580-482B-97B9-16F9D520BC48.jpeg

As I understand it correct.

One can haul a 55 drum of diesel in back of truck but not a 55 gallon drum of gasoline.

I think 8 gallons of of gasoline is max total not just per drum or can.

According to one of the chp at cottonwood scale house.

Gasoline has different transport laws. In-bed tank needs to be double-wall beyond a certain capacity (check your jurisdiction). I know I'm good to 500L with diesel with single-wall tank.

Edit: nobody pays attention to extra tanks under the bed :grinpimp:

As I understand it correct.

One can haul a 55 drum of diesel in back of truck but not a 55 gallon drum of gasoline.

I think 8 gallons of of gasoline is max total not just per drum or can.

According to one of the chp at cottonwood scale house.
So if you are hauling around two 5 gallon cans/jugs of gasoline around in your vehicle, that is illegal? That doesn't sound right. But if "chp" stands for california highway patrol...then yeah, I could see that being the law in california. :homer:

Reactions: PAE

Been running this for toys fuel since 2006, no problems ever, low profile, and has a small tool box on top.
had it bed lined to match the truck.

Would transfer or do again in another truck, Also did a 30' fill hose to reach the boat or other things.
20220427_145436.jpg

20220427_145418.jpg

Last edited:
Correct, you can have 2, 4 gallon jugs or a 3 and a 5 but nothing as I understand it that goes beyond 8 gallons.

California legislature does not care about whats commercially available to haul fuel in their attitude is we make the laws and you the public can just obey like sheep.

So if you are hauling around two 5 gallon cans/jugs of gasoline around in your vehicle, that is illegal? That doesn't sound right. But if "chp" stands for california highway patrol...then yeah, I could see that being the law in california. :homer:

So if you are hauling around two 5 gallon cans/jugs of gasoline around in your vehicle, that is illegal? That doesn't sound right.
I'm sure every jurisdiction has a limit. Onus is on you to obey. Check your transport laws for what volumes require DG placards and paperwork.

My favourite is taking the ferry with a jerry can. Every vehicle onboard can have one full jerry can - nothing more. However, perhaps 10% of vehicles actually have a jerry can at all. Does that mean I can have two? Nope! :homer:

Been running this for toys fuel since 2006, no problems ever, low profile, and has a small tool box on top.
had it bed lined to match the truck.

Would transfer or do again in another truck, Also did a 30' fill hose to reach the boat or other things.

Thats a nice set up, I like that the lid covers the fuel cap, but it's also "outside", so if you spill it doesn't just pool up inside.

Thats a nice set up, I like that the lid covers the fuel cap, but it's also "outside", so if you spill it doesn't just pool up inside.
It's worked well, bed lined it just kinda blends in, no one expects it to be a fuel cell, and for me, I need fuel for the toys more than I need a transfer tank for the truck.

worst part is for some reason I burn through support shocks. they just dont last.

I have a 50 gallon transfer flow tank. I got it used. It was in the back of a 2012 F450 bed (not C&C)

Transfer flow said I could ship my controller to them and they can reprogram it to for my 2000 ford but I just wired in a switch so I can do it manually Vs. the controller doing it automatically.

Well worth it! Haven’t fueled up in CA since. So glad to not give those pricks a penny of gas tax :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh