What's new

Asuna Rustrunner

so patched the body and frame some more so we could take this out on the weekend. did not take any pictures of all the angle iron i bogger welded to the body and frame to attach the two and hold the body back up after it collapsed as it would land me in the ghetto thread.

went for a little shit box sunday cruise and runner did pretty good, needs gears pretty bad as has no real power or gears to crawl anything even remotely difficult.

EcF9cLUfWbWNXa3WAAOkyGs00fzOPbS4q9ehZDAQJBQQ=w2400.jpg

VN8JymY-Ncn2Yz3Rksmt1QqZt-yq2lhSrih_Yb4hIRKQ=w2400.jpg

A3oj8NgvCDWf-JVG58o-GDsjIeVGSYuA_A1sA2M08Dkg=w2400.jpg

Last edited:
so after spending a day behind the wheel of this on the trail i know it needs more gears for sure

for most of the day when 4wd wasnt needed it was 2high and cruising around in 1st and 2nd when the trail was just FSR roads ect. when needed 4wd it was straight to 4low and 1st for the harder stuff but mainly 2nd gear and even 3rd for the faster 4wd stuff. but when i needed 1st gear 4low for the harder stuff it wasnt low enought

so been looking at the options that will let me still trail ride in low but give me more in 1st gear. thing wont be a crawler so dont need crazy low gearing. right now it has 4.62 diff gears but will swap back to 5.12 diffs soon

stock

4.62/1.82
1st 30-1
2nd 16-1
3rd 11-1

5.12/1.82
1st 34-1
2nd 18-1
3rd 12-1

if i do the 3-1 tcase gears

4.62/3.0
1st 50-1
2nd 27-1
3rd 19.1

5.12/3.0
1st 56-1
2nd 29-1
3rd 21-1

4.24-1 tcase

4.62/4.24
1st 71-1
2nd 38-1
3rd 27-1

5.12/4.24
1st 79-1
2nd 42-1
3rd 29-1

so after looking at all that im thinking 3-1 tcase would be about right with the 5.12 gears as would make 2nd gear same as my 1st gear now and almost doubles 1st gear crawl ratio. feel like 4.24 would be too low and would be in 3rd when im in 1st now

Went and sold this coffin on wheels, so back to working on the buggy

buggy build if anyone cares :homer:

Went and sold this coffin on wheels, so back to working on the buggy

buggy build if anyone cares :homer:

You definitely seem to go all in on shit. The beauty of these rigs is to kinda throw some shit on in a weekend and go. Maybe keep an eye out for one that's not falling apart? :laughing:

Did you keep the ag tires?

You definitely seem to go all in on shit. The beauty of these rigs is to kinda throw some shit on in a weekend and go. Maybe keep an eye out for one that's not falling apart? :laughing:

Did you keep the ag tires?
This is literally the first part of his first post.

ok this is about to be a "build" thread showing just how stupid and stubborn i am :homer:

:laughing:

This is literally the first part of his first post.

ok this is about to be a "build" thread showing just how stupid and stubborn i am :homer:

:laughing:
If you followed any of his other stuff, he's always wrenching, changing, upgrading.

The current truck was just going to be a quick 1-2 build...... Then all of sudden, it had more time and money into it than the last one :laughing:.

It's all good though, I admire the motivation.

ya going full retard and doing everything overkill is kinda my thing :homer: more i looked at the two of these i had the more time and money i seen going into them. really want to get the buggy done as havent even touched it in 6 months so now i have no reason not to

sold the vtreads and all the parts i had pick up for this build as well.

In case I ever get one of these to beat on (or anyone else for that matter)... What are the replacement struts you are supposed to use to get some lift for cheap?

In case I ever get one of these to beat on (or anyone else for that matter)... What are the replacement struts you are supposed to use to get some lift for cheap?

I think it’s mid-90’s Pontiac Grand Prix and you wallow out the holes for camber.

Stock with spacers is what I’m running.

I have some hogged out already. I didn't want to toss them when moving and they're cheap enough I wouldn't want anything but shipping and maybe enough for a beer or snickers :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh