What's new

CA Astro Van Pitman Arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project_Heepster

Member Number
Looking for an Astro Van flat pitman arm for the Heepster Build. In the Bay Area, CA happy to pay shipping.

Also, anyone know where I could just buy a new one?? No parts stores around here seem to carry them for some reason. Cant find a p/n anywhere to even search for it, just a ton of threads that make me thing it'd be a perfect fit for me to use one. Trying to avoid having to go to PNP just for a pitman arm.

Yes Astro van pitman arms are flat. The express van ones I believe have a tierod type end on them.

I should have 2 Astro arms around, I’ll try to find them today. 1 I believe has a ruffstuff tapered insert for a high angle draglink end. The other should be unmodified. There might also be an express van arm around here too, but i may have pitched it.

I should have 2 Astro arms around, I’ll try to find them today. 1 I believe has a ruffstuff tapered insert for a high angle draglink end. The other should be unmodified. There might also be an express van arm around here too, but i may have pitched it.

I managed to pick one up off eBay as suggested by Samy crawler. I’d still be interested in the ruffstuff insert one though as a solid spare (or it may save me the work of tapering the one I bought), so if you find it let me know.

Sorry for the delay, 100 projects, you know you know...

i was only able able to find 1, and it is far from in good shape. It seems I did a hack job of filing splines.

Question/suggestion though. What setup are you doing? A wagoneer arm is a better fit for a traditional 44, slightly longer but not flat. On my setup, I wasn’t able to get full lock with with an Astro arm (wagoneer 44, dodge flat top knuckles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh