Member Number
Loc
Gatesville, TX
Repeat the Creed after me:

Ass
Ass
In

:flipoff2:

Turns out, there is a whole series of these games. What's the what and whose the who of them? I've only played the pirate ship one on the Xbox360, black flag i think it was. According to userbenchmark, my PC should be middle of the road and able to play 1080P 60FPS of "most modern games" and that's what i'd like to be able to do.

are they all the same, just set in different scenarios?

do some of them blow goats?

Different times in history with different main people. I've played em all starting with Black Flag. I much prefer the open world single player type games now vs playing online. The latest game, Valhalla is a lot of fun.

Different times in history with different main people. I've played em all starting with Black Flag. I much prefer the open world single player type games now vs playing online. The latest game, Valhalla is a lot of fun.

Oddessy, Origins and Assassins Creed III Remastered are all available for under $20 while valhalla is sitll ~$50. is the newest one so much better that it's worth double the money?

my computer is basically a "decent to good" version of what you could buy 6 years ago at this point :laughing:

I would personally wait till valhalla comes down in price. Oddessy was awesome imo. I never finished Origins.

Assassins Creed II and it's spin offs are some of my favorite in the franchise. I bought them for my PS4 cheap.

Duane

Assassins Creed II and it's spin offs are some of my favorite in the franchise. I bought them for my PS4 cheap.

Duane

This. AC2 and brotherhood are 2 of my favorites. Black flag was really good also. Didn’t care for 3 haven’t played the rest.

apparently epic games is having a $10 off sale if you spend $15 or more, so just snagged up Oddyss Delux for $10 out the door :)

This. AC2 and brotherhood are 2 of my favorites. Black flag was really good also. Didn’t care for 3 haven’t played the rest.

I liked 3 but mainly because it tied into the birth of the USA. Black Flag was good but LONG, and they just keep getting longer. Which is both good and bad.

Duane

my favorite/ most memorable was AC2, up until Odyssey and Valhalla the games had a pretty straightforward storyline but now they are more RPG based like skyrim, farcry, RDR2. I put ~30 hours into Valhalla before i realized the story really doesn't go anywhere and it starts to get super repetitive. Play the first 3 games, they are the best imo

I hate Epic, but check their store. They've got a lot of the recent ones on there free fairly often.

They're mostly the same, just set in diff time periods. All the button mashing gets old pretty fast. I haven't bought one in years because Ubisoft sucks and goes full retard on DRMs and they started with all the season pass and microtransactions bullshit a while back.

my favorite/ most memorable was AC2, up until Odyssey and Valhalla the games had a pretty straightforward storyline but now they are more RPG based like skyrim, farcry, RDR2. I put ~30 hours into Valhalla before i realized the story really doesn't go anywhere and it starts to get super repetitive. Play the first 3 games, they are the best imo

interesting. I liked black flag on the xbox because you could do pretty well anything, but there was a clear story line to follow. Reminded me a bit of Fable2, which is a great game as well. Console versions seem to always be descaled from PC and i've not done much PC stuff really.

Which leads me to my next random question, where do i find the bottleneck? According to my Task Manager > Performance, the current "install" for the game is running ~10 mb/s

i did a general speed test earlier today and my HDD read was 143 mb/s write 126 mb/s mixed 69.7 mb/s and my ethernet router claims it will run 1,000 mb/s and doing an internet speed test, with a tv playing and the download going on, i'm showing 15-30 mb/s. CPU use is ~20%

is it just the internet being the issue?

I hate Epic, but check their store. They've got a lot of the recent ones on there free fairly often.

They're mostly the same, just set in diff time periods. All the button mashing gets old pretty fast. I haven't bought one in years because Ubisoft sucks and goes full retard on DRMs and they started with all the season pass and microtransactions bullshit a while back.

what's a DRM? I saw the "season pass" things, not interested in that stuff at all. I've probably paid microsoft over $1,000 for xbox online and just cut it off the other day :laughing: i'm much happier paying once and playing something off and on for ever

What are the best open world games, is that MInecraft type stuff?

Screw it I bought GTA V I've never played it. Cheap.

Horizon Zero Dawn is probably the best open world game I've played lately.
God of War (2018) fun as hell
Days Gone (open world zombie game)

Any of the above will kill loads of time and are very well put together.

mini update: that dumb question was dumb. motherboard and GPU do not seem to have issues and it seems to work as it should. I did have to buy a new Power Supply Unit as my existing one didn't have an option for the 6+2 pin the GPU required.

edit: so i've ended up with

gigabyte 78LMT-S2 Rev 1.0 motherboard
AMD 8370E CPU (had to order direct from china :rasta: )
Corsair H60 CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
1TB 7.2K RPM HDD
XFX Radeon RX580 8GB Graphics Processing Unit
Corsair 650W Semi-Modular Power Supply Unit
Asus 27" 1920x1080 144hz monitor

and, sumbitch, it actually turned on and worked
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

excluding the monitor, it cost me just under $500 to "upgrade" all the bits of my old motherboard. that is still about $500 cheaper than going to a new motherboard, new cpu and new Operating System. in a few years, i should be able to reuse my GPU, PSU, and CPU Cooler so i don't mind them being overkill for the current dealio

well i just spent a bit of time trying to figure out how to search on the other site, need to bring this stuff over to here so that i can find it again in the future.

post is from October 2019

If you are playing on PC, check out Ubisoft's subscription service. It's like $14 a month and you can play a lot of their games. That is how I am playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I thought I would get away with finishing it in one month, only $14, but it looks like it may take two since I only play on the weekends.

As for cost, all big name games will cost $60-$70 when new. They come down in price over time and once they lose some popularity. Some games will keep a higher price if they stay popular, like GTA5.

As far as gameplay, I have tried to play all the major Assassin's Creed games, and I have always lost interest after an hour or so. Hence my "renting" Valhalla. But this one is very different from the older games with a lot less emphasis on the "Animus" and futuristic parts as well as a bit of settlement building and raiding. The story is pretty good, if a little predictable, and some of the quests and things to do are a little repetitive, but overall I am enjoying it. It doesn't piss all over my beliefs like God of War did, and is pretty engaging. The only issues I have with the game are the complete lack of single handed swords, the iconic "viking sword" and a big lack of options when it comes to the armor and the look of your character. No swords and no chainmail is a huge oversight in my opinion, but you can't expect the French to get anything war related right.

well i just spent a bit of time trying to figure out how to search on the other site, need to bring this stuff over to here so that i can find it again in the future.

post is from October 2019

Beware ordering computer parts from china. There are a lot of people getting ripped off with counterfeit parts and scams.

Beware ordering computer parts from china. There are a lot of people getting ripped off with counterfeit parts and scams.

yeah that worked out well for me. ended up getting it from a hong kong shop instead of a mainland place. all things considered, i'm happy with it. overall it was a huge upgrade compared to the stuff that was ~7 years old. another year or two or three and another $500 for a new motherboard and such.

never seen the play or read the book. probably should :homer: the french are a curious people

The stage show is pretty cool, all the actors sit on stage and when it's thier turn the go up and do thier part

At the end of this one they have everyone who had played the lead part around from around the world march up on the stage to sing his main song

what's a DRM? I saw the "season pass" things, not interested in that stuff at all. I've probably paid microsoft over $1,000 for xbox online and just cut it off the other day :laughing: i'm much happier paying once and playing something off and on for ever

Digital Rights Management. You don't own the game, you're purchasing access to it and they require you to be online through their shitty launcher so they can make sure it's not a pirated copy even for single player games. Not a big deal for a lot of people, but it's a real fuck you to people with shitty or limited internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always-on_DRM

Same shit some vendors do with ebooks, audio files, movies, ect where you're restricted to a single device or platform.

interesting. I liked black flag on the xbox because you could do pretty well anything, but there was a clear story line to follow. Reminded me a bit of Fable2, which is a great game as well. Console versions seem to always be descaled from PC and i've not done much PC stuff really.

Which leads me to my next random question, where do i find the bottleneck? According to my Task Manager > Performance, the current "install" for the game is running ~10 mb/s

i did a general speed test earlier today and my HDD read was 143 mb/s write 126 mb/s mixed 69.7 mb/s and my ethernet router claims it will run 1,000 mb/s and doing an internet speed test, with a tv playing and the download going on, i'm showing 15-30 mb/s. CPU use is ~20%

I couldn't tell you where the bottleneck could be, my internet speed is 550mbs and my ssd can write at 2500mbs but I max around 35-40mbs while downloading things. I think it mostly has to do with the service you download from, steam seems to be the best but origin and ubisoft are always slow.

I've been playing a bit of hitman 2, it pretty much gives you a guideline to follow but you can play the same mission 10 times and it never gets boring because of how many options they give you to complete it. I would advise checking it out its worth the money.

Ethernet or WiFi? If WiFi check whether you're connected on 2.4ghz or 5ghz. Could also be the max download speed from thier end. Also bear in mind the 10mb/s is = 80mbps.

I've enjoyed all the assassin's creed games over the years. The pirate one is when they switched from relatively linear story with smaller maps to truly open world. If you want to avoid all the microtransaction bollocks then buy the uberduber deluxe version. I always wait to they get down around the 20-30 dollar mark.
Oddesy is bloody huge with plenty to do and should keep you busy for 100+ hours :flipoff2:

Depends on what sort of game you want?

Swords&Spells,
The Witcher 3
TES: Skyrim

Apocalypse,
Fallout 4
Farcry 5 New Dawn

Modern,
Division 1&2
Watchdogs 1&2
Farcry 3,4,5

Driving,