What's new

Are there more than one 14 bolt dually hub ?

Aluminum bar approx 6" dia for this go round me thinks, Steel would be stronger but heavier.

I also dont care for the 2 bolts that are offset from the other 4.

I can either change the threaded holes to match the brackets (easier) or plugband machine the offset bracket holes.

Have been gathering parts and have hubs and rotors and a few studs that may work.

Have calipers, caliper brackets, pad sets.

Might have bearings and seals but am not sure, anyone know required timpkin part nimbers for Dana 70 hubs ?

GM 352982
20221127_143059.jpg

20221115_154742.jpg

20221115_154826.jpg

Last edited:
Might have bearings and seals but am not sure, anyone know required timpkin part nimbers for Dana 70 hubs ?
I suggest looking up an appropriate Chevy application because they are Chevy hubs. The set38 outer is quite common/universal.

Fwiw, my dodge D70 hub stuff (srw) crosses over to ford (D70 drw) but dodge drw is bigger/different.

Brgs are tbe same as d60 front and 14bff
Seals are dofferent.

Use the internet, read the bibles, look them up by ap on anyone of 3000 web sites.

Im using what I already owned, I'm using the Dana 70 not going all out and using a Dana 80 which was what I really wanted.

Ill most likely eventually swap out the 4:10 gear in the Dana 70 for a matching 4:56 with a detroit locker as it would be easier than tearing apart the Dana 60 up front.

No youre not. You asking for the bearing # for your new hubs that had none.

If you would have used the existing ones on the axle that you will have to remove anyways you would have the #s for the brgs.

Dont forget to get the big fucking snap rings for the outer brgs.

This is quicker as dont have to pound out the old studs and still have the parts from the old drum brake setup.

Most likely have the bearings and seals and yes I have the huge snap rings, thst is if they are also the same as the 14 bolt bearings and those huge snap rings.

Found all of the rotors, brackets and calipers and the fancy one I had nickel plated some years ago.

I did download it, will print it out tomorrow and read it.

Found this one.

Last edited:
I just figured the Dana 70 bible would have the numbers I need for my Dana 70.

Logic does not apply here ?

Last edited:
Not why the d70 bible.

Why the fuck are you going to down load it, print it, and read it later when you couldt just simply read it now or later without extra step?

Found the snap rings for 5 bucks each.

Bearings next.

Bought a bunch but couldn't find them on short notice so bought two more.

Im sure I'll find the others as soon as I dont need them.

Top Back Refresh