What's new

Are sell offs here?

montrose818

Banned
Member Number
Loc
SoCal
My spidey sense is noticing lower prices on some of the random stuff I look for on sale. F250/350 trucks seem to be on that list. Whats everyone else seeing?

This second wave of closures is going to fuck shit up for sure.

Its been slower than I thought to roll out. Ive seen some good deals, but more just stuff for sale at normal price. A work buddy just bought an 85k mastercraft, so I think the good deals are still 3-6mos ahead...... when people realize how fucked they are without extra unemployment and stimulus.... ha

Its been slower than I thought to roll out. Ive seen some good deals, but more just stuff for sale at normal price. A work buddy just bought an 85k mastercraft, so I think the good deals are still 3-6mos ahead...... when people realize how fucked they are without extra unemployment and stimulus.... ha

This

The thing I've been finding most though is with all the spare time + needing money because they're laid off people are cleaning their places up and a lot of good old shit is coming up for sale that normally would be forgotten in the corner of some shed or garage. Market on toys (dirt bikes/atvs etc...) seems to be moving fast as ever, prices aren't particularly good yet. If anything more people are asking stupid high prices for shit.

Last edited:
Wont see a change until the unemployment/covid stimulus wear off.

In 50/50 on it. I like cheaper products, but I dont want to market to die and buying freeze.

I am in Los Angeles, and I definitely see an uptick in ads and a slight drop in prices. I swear it feels like it happened once they announced more closures.

around here all the recreational stuff is dumb money, sxs and travel trailer/campers for sure.

the people that travel to other countries every year are staying and spending here. in my area thats allot of money staying home.

i also told my wife if she sold our truck camper for more then i bought for 2 years ago i'd buy a toy trailer. i fucked up. i didn't want to spend the reserves but we got a nicer trailer than i thought we'd ever have have now.

Last edited:
Same ol' same ol' here. I am noticing a little up swing is what I consider projects, Think non op of stuff requiring actual work to make it worth something. They still want good money for it though. I have noticed a lot more lookey loos instead of buyers as well.

Not yet. But I am stacking up some cash for when they do happen.

Harleys and campers are juuuust starting to come down in price here. Nothing crazy but there's a few listings on marketplace that are actually reasonable for once. I was figuring that toys would go first and then the second wave would be unnecessary vehicles that people don't want to pay on anymore. If I could upgrade out of a half ton truck from this mess I'll be happy happy happy

People are still asking too much for toys in my area. Wanting an older 2 stroke enduro to putt around on. Most people are wanting as much as they sold for new. I've been eyeing 2011+ gas F250s for awhile, looks like the oil fields are offloading a shit load of them.

People are still asking too much for toys in my area. Wanting an older 2 stroke enduro to putt around on. Most people are wanting as much as they sold for new. I've been eyeing 2011+ gas F250s for awhile, looks like the oil fields are offloading a shit load of them.

link please?

Prices here on anything recreation are up. The rv lots are picked clean. Side by sides used are stupid high. Everybody that usually went on cruises or out of the country I think are staying close to home and are buying all the trailers and stuff. Went to cabelas to buy a new reel for Kokanee fishing and the place is cleaned out. I don’t think the sell off is imminent here. Maybe a few months down the road.

Everything here is going up in price and selling faster. To many people with to much money in my area sitting around not working buying up all the cool shit because they are bored. It's never been harder for me to buy or easier to sell.

I am in Los Angeles, and I definitely see an uptick in ads and a slight drop in prices. I swear it feels like it happened once they announced more closures.

People are fleeing that sewer as fast as they can. The stories and stats just aren't in yet. There was already a California Diaspora, then the flu kicked it up, then the riots kicked it up more.

I think that's what you're seeing more than the economy. Like everyone else I think it's 3-6 months off yet.

link please?

I've just been seeing alot of low option white f-250s with headache racks and what not on FB. Especially if I move my search radius closer to Oklahoma.

The thing I've been finding most though is with all the spare time + needing money because they're laid off people are cleaning their places up and a lot of good old shit is coming up for sale that normally would be forgotten in the corner of some shed or garage. Market on toys (dirt bikes/atvs etc...) seems to be moving fast as ever, prices aren't particularly good yet. If anything more people are asking stupid high prices for shit.

That's how it is here. There's a lot of good shit for sale from people cleaning up.

sxs's are getting stupid money. The dealers are seeing 60-90 day delays on new machine deliveries, so people are paying close to new prices on used units. I was talking to a guy last night that sold his 4 year old Honda Pioneer for $2000 less then he paid for it new, and it sold within 2 days when he posted it. Another guy told me that he was looking for used units on FB marketplace and every single one he messaged the owner about was sold within a few hours.
I paid $19k for my Defender, brand new. It's a 2018 and now has 2500 miles on it. I have no doubt that I could easily get $16k for it if I wanted to sell it right now.

Most decent couple thousand dollar deals I see are posted and gone in a day. Boat sales are supposedly booming right now, if that tells you anything about the willingness of people to spend money right now.

But the free Trump bucks ends in July, so I wonder if you might see people sweat a little if this keeps on keepin' on.

We had our best month ever for new car/truck sales in May. Since then we have had to beg, borrow and steal to get vehicles to fill the holes in the lot. With the assembly lines shut down for a while, there just aren't any vehicles out there to be had and the few we get seem to go quick once they hit the lot. Used vehicles are selling about the same as normal, nothing special, but the incentives on new vehicles the Covid shit brought out made people nuts around here. Our Ford dealerships aren't doing much and the GM dealer is doing ok, but not as good as we could be doing if we had more stuff to sell.

I work by an Enterprise rent a car hub, huge lot, and its been pretty dead these few months. Googled it out of curiosity, and rent car companies arent doing good at all, going to be selling a lot of their inventory.

Yep, I'm seeing the same thing. Been looking for a decent used bumper pull camper trailer at a decent price. Most are selling above or at blue book and are gone by the time i see them.

I saw a T-boned 2000 Grand Marques for sale yesterday $3,200 "I know what I have here"

Pretty much my area right now, garbage for sky high prices.

have seen a few motorcycles for sale down town, didn't see the prices, but I've seen quite a few of them lately.

Top Back Refresh