What's new

Arcdroid plasma

I ordered an Arcdroid a few weeks ago. I can't wait to get it. Anybody else order one?

I also downloaded Fusion 360 and am starting to learn it.

I like the concept. Especially tracing the CAD part into the system.

It appears its $2,300? That deflated my sails some. I guess I am just cheap.

I'm really glad you posted this.
I stumbled across it about a month ago, and lost the link.
Gracias!

FUCK YES !!!!!
Engineered, designed and made in America by a team of experts in the CNC industry. Combine a CNC plasma table, router, engraver, pipe cutter, wood or plastic carver, and easily trace complex shapes. All tables ship fully tested and 98% assembled, making it easy to get up and running.

Engineered, designed and made in America...

So, what's with the HKD prices? I watched the video then looked for info on buying one and about fell over at the $16K to $18K price until I saw the USD under that...

The 26" x 15" envelope is pretty small. When the 2'x2' Torchmate first came out, that size seemed to be an issue. I guess the selling point here is the mobility - sit in on a shelf and haul it out to your driveway to use to keep the metal dust down in your home garage instead of dedicating some space to a gantry setup. The tracing function is pretty cool, though.

Last edited:
So, what's with the HKD prices? I watched the video then looked for info on buying one and about fell over at the $16K to $18K price until I saw the USD under that...

The 26" x 15" envelope is pretty small. When the 2'x2' Torchmate first came out, that size seemed to be an issue. I guess the selling point here is the mobility - sit in on a shelf and haul it out to your driveway to use to keep the metal dust down in your home garage instead of dedicating some space to a gantry setup. The tracing function is pretty cool, though.
I got in on the member price at $1899 plus $240 (first units come air freight directly from the manufacturer) shipping. What I didn't know was that because it was Hong Kong funds it cost me $62 in fees from my credit card company. Having said that I am still excited about getting it. With a 26x15" reach I can make any part I need.
I guess if you were making a sign or something you could cut part of it then move over and cut the rest. I plan on using mine for parts- brackets and such

I also like the idea that I can trace a part from a cardboard template or copy a part

I got in on the member price at $1899 plus $240 (first units come air freight directly from the manufacturer) shipping. What I didn't know was that because it was Hong Kong funds it cost me $62 in fees from my credit card company. Having said that I am still excited about getting it. With a 26x15" reach I can make any part I need.
I guess if you were making a sign or something you could cut part of it then move over and cut the rest. I plan on using mine for parts- brackets and such
That will come back around to haunt you, plasma cutters are like shops, they are never big enough:laughing:

ooff, that is kind of small

oh well, there seems to be a market for it. Some excited folks in here I will like to see how it all works in the long run :beer:
That is really small. For that price I would save up for a 4x4 table at the minimum. Fwiw I have a 5x10 and should have built a 6x12

I have a Hypertherm 45XP cutter on the way. Looks like I need this to go with it.:smokin:

Anyone have one yet?

That is really small. For that price I would save up for a 4x4 table at the minimum. Fwiw I have a 5x10 and should have built a 6x12
I also have a 5x10....and it is too small
I also have a old pantograph setup that folds like this new machine, and that thing will stretch way the hell out there, I was wondering if this little new gizmo was similar, I am sure they will offer different models in the future

Hong Kong Office:​

63 Wo Yi Hop Rd. Kwai Chung New Territories Hong Kong​

Im not thinking it is made in America for some reason

edit:
Feb 1
"Production pause for Chinese New year"

Last edited:
You can trace parts into CAD with fusion 360 using a good cell phone picture and a ruler for reference. I don't see how that is the primary selling feature with a cutting envelope that small.

You can trace parts into CAD with fusion 360 using a good cell phone picture and a ruler for reference. I don't see how that is the primary selling feature with a cutting envelope that small.
there are some people that just can't
I know a few personally and it really isn't that they can't, they just won't
They refuse to
It will be cardboard or nothing

I hope that it actually traces a bit better than what it was showing in their commercial though. Because that part that just fit perfectly into place with a perfect circle right on location was not the part traced

But I have made a bunch of parts doing the picture/ruler/scale import trick, it can be done :beer:

Anyone have serious concerns that this is a scam of some sort? Fixing to order one and you guys are my scamometer.:flipoff2:

Anyone have serious concerns that this is a scam of some sort? Fixing to order one and you guys are my scamometer.:flipoff2:
Ive talked with Andrew Miller, founder of arcdroid on the phone seems pretty legit to me.

As far as the hkd price its who they are crowd funding thru is based out hong kong

Arcdroid is a Canadian company

I gave them my money. I don't see a scam. My only complaint was the credit card fee to convert from Hong Kong to US dollars. The guy has posted some Facebook videos and has responded to my emails.

there are some people that just can't
I know a few personally and it really isn't that they can't, they just won't
They refuse to
It will be cardboard or nothing

I hope that it actually traces a bit better than what it was showing in their commercial though. Because that part that just fit perfectly into place with a perfect circle right on location was not the part traced

But I have made a bunch of parts doing the picture/ruler/scale import trick, it can be done :beer:
I asked him about the tracing feature. If you cut out a part from cardboard and then follow it to record the pattern (and you arm is shaky and you go off of the line it will follow where you move the stylus EXACTLY.. He said you can use the point to point feature and it will make straight lines between the points. That would work for some parts. I want to learn CAD CAM though to avoid any problems as I don't want to have to do a lot of grinding on parts that I cut out. He did say they were working on a "smoothing" feature for the curves which would be great!

As far as the small reach goes, I am trying to find out if I can cut something lets say 24" across then move the sheet steel or arm, re home it and cut the rest of the way

Last edited:
I asked him about the tracing feature. If you cut out a part from cardboard and then follow it to record the pattern (and you arm is shaky and you go off of the line it will follow where you move the stylus EXACTLY.. He said you can use the point to point feature and it will make straight lines between the points. That would work for some parts. I want to learn CAD CAM though to avoid any problems as I don't want to have to do a lot of grinding on parts that I cut out.

As far as the small reach goes, I am trying to find out if I can cut something lets say 24" across then move the sheet steel or arm, re home it and cut the rest of the way
sliding your machine over for a continued cut (they call it indexing) I can not see how you cant, it will just be locating your start/stop so they well...idex correctly
keep in mind I am not trying to shit on your gizmo, I am curious how it will turn out. It has potential for sure
I have a different machine, and that is what I know.
If you can point to point and get legit strait lined that will be a plus

CAD is hard until you get it, then it is easy if that helps at all
a support group, forum, classroom will help wonders if you can find it

sliding your machine over for a continued cut (they call it indexing) I can not see how you cant, it will just be locating your start/stop so they well...idex correctly
keep in mind I am not trying to shit on your gizmo, I am curious how it will turn out. It has potential for sure
I have a different machine, and that is what I know.
If you can point to point and get legit strait lined that will be a plus

CAD is hard until you get it, then it is easy if that helps at all
a support group, forum, classroom will help wonders if you can find it
No problem. I don't have the room for a large plasma table so the portability as well as the "trace" feature are what got me interested

Thanks guys. I placed my order. Looks like Febuary of 2022. :beer:

My son works with Fusion360 so we have that covered. We made a winch plate file for my RZR. I paid a local to cut it and we welded it on. It works perfect. I measured it last night and this little robot would have easily been able to cut it.

I'm always needing some one off bracket of some sort or custom sized large washers for repairs/projects and generally hand cut that stuff. I hope this works out, I can see using this all the time.

Now to start making a place in the shop and start looking at building a water table to catch the hot slag.

Thanks guys. I placed my order. Looks like Febuary of 2022. :beer:

My son works with Fusion360 so we have that covered. We made a winch plate file for my RZR. I paid a local to cut it and we welded it on. It works perfect. I measured it last night and this little robot would have easily been able to cut it.

I'm always needing some one off bracket of some sort or custom sized large washers for repairs/projects and generally hand cut that stuff. I hope this works out, I can see using this all the time.

Now to start making a place in the shop and start looking at building a water table to catch the hot slag.
Out of curiosity what did the shop charge you to cut out the plate?

Its been over a month ago. I think $125.00. I know materials and cut was $265.00
Risqr9aA-1043603240.jpeg

20210902_151920.jpg

Top Back Refresh