What's new

Arborist, Is my tree dead?

Thommyknocker

Member Number
Loc
Stinkypoopyville CO
Two years ago there was an infestation or something for these locust trees. Many of the outer twigs were hollow. A bunch got hit around the area, but mine looked like it would make it,
It was a bit thin last year
I put some bug prevention plugs in the trunk and some granules out on the lawn.

Doesn't look very happy this spring.

Can it come back?
Or should I just chop it down?

photo8067.jpg

If you go out there and scratch the trunk with your thumbnail. You will see that it has a vibrant core :flipoff2:

When I was doing tree work our rule was never take over 30% of a trees foliage. Anymore would put a big stress on a healthy tree. Looks like you lost about 70% of the trees foliage. I would remove it and plant something in its place.

If you go out there and scratch the trunk with your thumbnail. You will see that it has a vibrant core :flipoff2:

"Let me tell you what I'm looking for in a fuckin' tree. I'm looking for a tree that you can tell is alive even if you don't know shit about trees."

Exactly what I was thinking. 🤣

Ronny and Doc Phil are good buddies. At least Ron is a professional Bullshit Artist, that's what you pay him for. But I question his character being such chums with Phil.

Based on a half assed reading of the title, I'd suggest you call canned parenthood or your local Male health dr. Your wood may never grow again

Top Back Refresh